lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My Summer Project

Very nice work!

One suggestion on the basket though.......... I found that things bounce around on trails and made all kinds of noise in my front basket. Even buckles on packs set in the front can be noisy. My solution was to line the bottom and sides with part of an old rubber mat. It makes a big difference.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

looks great! we have the same cart lol! I just did the same thing too! All the same batt's controllers, F/D. I really like your front basket, nice job. There needs to be an official "hunting buggy thread" (if there is I haven't found it yet). Share tips, pic's, and specs.
labatt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab46501 View Post
Very nice work!

One suggestion on the basket though.......... I found that things bounce around on trails and made all kinds of noise in my front basket. Even buckles on packs set in the front can be noisy. My solution was to line the bottom and sides with part of an old rubber mat. It makes a big difference.
Back's probably quieter, based on the way our ears are mounted.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
Robbs
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

AB, your right the rubber mat would be a good idea. I have already tried a piece of carpet but I’m also thinking about trying a thick coat of bed liner to help deaden the noise.

Labatt, a section for us hunting buggy enthusiast would be great.

Thanks for the compliments.
Robbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
pondbird
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Robbs, where did you get the fabric for the seat and was it hard to cover? I also want to make a hunting cart, thinking of painting mine camo from spray cans. Thanks, Mike
pondbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #16
Robbs
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I should have taken pictures of the process but it wasn't that hard to cover the seat. I used 500 Denier Cordura fabric and I put it right over the vinyl. I used spray adheasive to help hold it in place while I stretched and stapled it to the bottom. The key is to go slow and try to stretch it evenly working front and back then the sides. I left the corners for last and took my time to make the pleats even. I not quiet sure how to add a link but this was the web site I used. I hope this helps, good luck with your project.

http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Ki...-Nylon-Fabrics
Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
Robbs
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice, the link worked
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Excellent work Robbs The cart looks fantastic. When the comment about noise came out with the rack and bed, my first thought was also bedliner. I would imagine it would still be noisy compared to a rubber mat.

Keep up the great work and congratz.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO