lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
stewy 1
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying first cart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buying first cart for family, Local dealer has a fleet of 08 ezgo 36 volt for 1950,a few 09 rxv 48v for 2600 and some 09 gas kaw 13hp for 3300 any advice would be great, all carts ezgo. Looking for one that would be a good value and maybe fixer up later. Had thought about the rxv but after reading some of the braking problems don,t know.
Thanks
stewy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buying first cart

stewy, my addvice is to know where youwant to go before you purchase the cart. If you want an off roader then you need... if you want to go 25 to 30 on the street then you need... Point being their is no good reason to purchase a running cart at top dollar if you will need to rip everything out to make it do what you want.

However if you want to get a cart and use as is for a good while then upgrade, the 08 sounds like it might be a good deal. What year are the batteries? marked on battery post) if they are 08s then you will probably need $600 to $1000 worth of batteries soon. so keep that in mind. Batteries that are well taken care of last around 5 years. Not so well taken care of and your are looking at 3to 4 years.

If the batts are 08s, haggle a little or at least get a written discount on a new set when you need them.

good luck
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
stewy 1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing about the batteries, for that reason should I consider the gas? Cart will be for mostly wife and kid.
stewy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like electric carts. My point was if the batts Are old then haggle the price down.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
John C
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Had a gas EZGO a few years back, it was OK. I now own an '07 EZGO 36 volt series cart and love it. It's quiet, plenty of power for running around the park, although I changed out controller, wires, F/R cam to some hopped up stuff from scottyb. My batteries are '08 but still show good numbers on digital battery gauge. I'll continue running these batteries till they die, then put some new T105's in.

I'd be looking at one of the '08 36volts.
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO