lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #1
RyanE
Not Yet Wild

Default Pipes

I got a G1 two stroke and have heard you can put pipes off of quads and jet the carb for some more power. I've tried to search and have foung nothing. Any of you guys now anything about this.
RyanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pipes

You'll have to make your own. I built a few about 15 years ago using a stock pipe for a Yamaha Blaster. They are 200cc engines, so it's very close to your engine size. I also went all out and ported the cases and cylinder, built a custom intake manifold and used a 38mm carb from a kawasaki jet ski. SOunded great, looked even better, but I can't even remember how many times I cratered the top piston ring. Power = fun - big $$$.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Mikesmotortoys thank you sir I have been waiting for someone to come along and let everyone know about this. I just couldn't figure out how to ask someone how this was to be done. Do you have to port out the engine or can you just go with the pipe deal?
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
Mikesmotortoys thank you sir I have been waiting for someone to come along and let everyone know about this. I just couldn't figure out how to ask someone how this was to be done. Do you have to port out the engine or can you just go with the pipe deal?
Calvin
I have read in the past were people did this to stock motors so...performance just wont really increase unless you get a bigger carb to let more fuel and air in as fast as the new exhaust can get rid of it
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cool Re: Pipes

Welcome RyanE! Keep us posted on your project.
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:35 AM   #6
81bahner
Not Yet Wild

i have the a aftermarket FMF pipe and silencer for a blaster and it was cut and welded to the stock elbow and a worked stock carb and k&n filter it was a big diffrence
81bahner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha