lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default New Club Car engine

My new engine that is, and I'm rather anxious but have a few questions too. For those who "big blocked" your carts, you all went with a "Vortec 8100" all out HO engine, I opted for the 4800 V8, smaller but still offers enough kick. Now, for those with their "8100s," how did you go about hooking up the fuel pump vaccuum line? Did you have to tap the block and make your own mount or was there a place? I'm looking to retain my airbox configuration, and I'm wondering if my air hose will fit the carb. Of course I'll be taking off the stock muffler and air filter, for permanent use I want the stock air box, and I *think* the stock muffler will work too. Another question for you is this: How do I redo all my throttle linkages? And can I just let the governor on the engine keep it at 3600 instead of using the one off the transaxle? And one last question if you even made it this far LOL, about how long did it take you to get your old engine out, the new one in, and everthing hooked back up and working? Thanks!!!
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: It should be here tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
My new engine that is, and I'm rather anxious but have a few questions too. For those who "big blocked" your carts, you all went with a "Vortec 8100" all out HO engine, I opted for the 4800 V8, smaller but still offers enough kick. Now, for those with their "8100s," how did you go about hooking up the fuel pump vaccuum line? Did you have to tap the block and make your own mount or was there a place? I'm looking to retain my airbox configuration, and I'm wondering if my air hose will fit the carb. Of course I'll be taking off the stock muffler and air filter, for permanent use I want the stock air box, and I *think* the stock muffler will work too. Another question for you is this: How do I redo all my throttle linkages? And can I just let the governor on the engine keep it at 3600 instead of using the one off the transaxle? And one last question if you even made it this far LOL, about how long did it take you to get your old engine out, the new one in, and everthing hooked back up and working? Thanks!!!
On my engine the pulse line for the fuel pump comes off the front valve
cover. The throttle linkage shouldn't be a big deal, but wait and see what
you have to work with on the engine. I'm not sure how the CC governor
works. It wouldn't be fair for me to answer the last question. I bought the
kit. With a kit and knowing what your doing, a yamaha swap could be done
in 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Thanks Ron, insight is worth a lot too!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

in order to govenor your self... you'll have to get a tach and play with the threaded rod that the cable goes in untill you get what you want.... id put it at 37-3800 though...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

WOW, I completely forgot about this thread.

BUMP!

Thanks Austin, but me not knowing about the quality of the engine, I'll probably keep it around 3600. It makes its 13hp at 4000, but I'll just have to settle for 12.25 LOL.

Now, does anyone else have any idea on the pulse line? How am I supposed to go about drilling this without filling the block full of aluminum? Magnets are out of the question, for obvious reasons. Anyone done this before? Ace? old army? spriddle? roady?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for a good one this time
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #7
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphillip
Keep your fingers and toes crossed for a good one this time
Trust me, I am! I just need a little help now with getting this thing in there when it does come.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 AM   #8
old army
Gone Wild

If your going to drill it you will have to keep 2 to 3lb pressure in crank case anymore than that I would say you cause seals to leak all the shavings should come out this is how I am going to do it I sent you a pic off another post
old army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

i wouldnt be surpiresed if the mototr had one in it...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #10
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Get some aluminum attracting magnets.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car