lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2019, 02:07 AM   #1
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2009 TEAM Secondary Clutch no longer available?

Hey Everyone,

I've been trying to find a sliding sheave for a 2009 G29/Drive/YDRA cart but keep coming up empty. (JW1-G6271-00-00)

From what I can find they are no longer available as a new part?

When looking on sellers websites I get "Superceded by JW1-G6202-00-00" which is a complete secondary clutch but is also superceded at least several times and wind up with a JW8-G6202-23-00 number.

It is my understanding that to use the JW8 secondary clutch I need also to replace the primary clutch. Can somebody confirm this one way or another please? I've chased through the forum here but can't find any conclusive statements for or against.

Lastly, assuming I can not find a new one, if anyone has a used TEAM secondary clutch sliding sheave or a complete secondary clutch they'd part with, I'd be keen to hear from you. Have Paypal and can ship to CA if you aren't keep to ship to Australia.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2019, 05:39 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 TEAM Secondary Clutch no longer available?

Plowman's certainly sells them.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #3
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks Ray,

I did send Don an email but haven't heard back as yet.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 09-12-2019, 10:54 PM   #4
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

I heard back from Don, he does not sell Team clutches.

If anyone has a useable TEAM secondary clutch I'd like to hear from you. Just the sliding sheave would be fine.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 09-13-2019, 12:51 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sorry, the total conversion is the only option I know of. Some people say they "mix-&-match" clutches with good results, but I know they don't even use the same belt lengths, so, that's "shady" in my opinion. The newer clutches are actually quite reasonably priced even from Yamaha, big surprise! If you convert, do not use the "JW1" belt, the "J55" belt is proper. As I always say, the Yamaha OEM belt is the bare minimum. Never use cheap belts, original Yamaha is the bare minimum, or get better. Plowman's & G-boost offer better. If an aftermarket belt is offered cheaper than Yamahas (roughly $45) belt, don't buy it. The best belt you can even get is only about $20 more than a stock yamaha belt. I used to go through a belt about every 18 months, the good belt has never needed replaced since then! As long as your clutches aren't totally trashed (the best belt in the world can't fix trashed clutchs). If you have a lifted cart with bigger tires, or a street cart with gears, OR Any Yamaha drive with a Team clutch setup (those eat belts every 2 years, even stock). stop playing around and spend the extra $20 for something you will never have to see again! I can't tell how many crappy belt problems I have seen. Belts that totally flipped over backwards, and torn to shreds! Crazy!

I guess I missed that part, everyone with a team clutch setup should be running a top notch belt, that setup eats belts bad. The stock yamaha belt doesn't even last long on those (maybe 2 years of good performance). Stock, no high speed gears... Nothing, even stock, it needs a better belt, buy a awesome aftermarket one. (Never a cheap aftermarket one)

All in all, if you see a belt for a "good deal" that doesn't have the yamaha part number prefix printed on the belt itself, "JW1" or "J55" (maybe J0B or JC0" on newer), run away. Any belt better than the stock one should come from one of two places, Plowman's or G-boost. I don't know if Plowman's offered a "stock style" belt, but I know G-boost once did. Move along to the good ones. No point with getting "stock style" if it didn't do good anyway. I prefer DBYAJ57H myself. Nothing against Plowman's (I need to take up the offer to compare, that's on me, not him, I just haven't followed through on the offer yet, and I respect the offer, my bad for not doing the comparison yet)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:39 PM   #6
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks cgtech,

I have found a new JW1-G6202-02-00 secondary sheave assy and a JW1-G2758-01-00 collar.

Can you confirm for me that this will be a direct replacement for the original Team secondary please?

I bought this cart from the customer who didn't want to spend on the repair and intend to flip it once the clutch and engine rebuild are done so trying to keep my investment as low as possible without doing anything dodgey.

Cheers,
Rob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha