lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2019, 06:51 AM   #11
rcc8756
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Clutch removal

I paid 75 for the carb..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
rcc8756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Nivel is an aftermarket chinese carb. Not the same as OEM even though it may look like it. That same carb is around $50 on ebay and buggies unlimited, who is known for cheap "not so great" parts. (And I believe BU owns Nivel, or Nivel owns BU one way or the other, they're one in the same)

Not to 100% say the carb is definitely your problem, but aftermarket chinese carbs are notorious for running very, very, very rich. Many run so rich the cart won't run at all! If you can return it, I would, and buy an OEM carb before digging too much deeper and possibly chasing your tail for absolutely no reason than being a victim of yet another chinese carb. https://shop.txtsv.com/shop-ezgo/par...ts/carburetors
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #13
rcc8756
Not Yet Wild

That's the problem my carb part number oem 72840G03 is obsolete from ezgo it's not listed anywhere that I can find..

Old 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would buy this carb, and install the #90 jet if the one from the original OEM carb is still good. It's the same part number except for the G01 instead of G03 which tells me the carb is the same, but there is a minor difference, which trig indicated was just a different sized jet. I would trust what he says; he knows what he's talking about

IF the jet from the original carb is no good, then they sell a #88 jet that should be close enough.

https://shop.txtsv.com/carburetor-as...mm-venturi-9hp
https://shop.txtsv.com/main-jet-88
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 PM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I would buy this carb, and install the #90 jet if the one from the original OEM carb is still good. It's the same part number except for the G01 instead of G03 which tells me the carb is the same, but there is a minor difference, which trig indicated was just a different sized jet. I would trust what he says; he knows what he's talking about

IF the jet from the original carb is no good, then they sell a #88 jet that should be close enough.

https://shop.txtsv.com/carburetor-as...mm-venturi-9hp
https://shop.txtsv.com/main-jet-88
CP241 is giving good info. He and I both have had our share of those cheap carbs. Like shooting crap sometimes you roll a 7 or 11 most of the time you crap out
When I mention to people that I work for how much these OEM carbs are they usually frown. I then tell them where the door is I refuse to install one even if someone else buys it.
The old saying applies to these golf carts. You want to play got gotta pay
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:17 PM   #16
rcc8756
Not Yet Wild

I had actually bought a 26 dollar one on amazon said it was for a 350cc.. but it ran rich.. so I cleaned the oem and used the main jet out of the Chinese carb in it.. ran rich.. so I'll try getting the main jet u said to get and put in the oem with original nozzle.. I don't know why ezgo doesn't sell the nozzle but sells the jets.. there's not even a part number for the nozzle on the break down.. It runs so rich the spark plugs are smutty black..

Old 06-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If the nozzle the jet screws into is messed up (I'm assuming you're referring to the brass tube that goes between the bowl and the body of the carb) fuel wont flow right and you may still have issues. Its worth a try, but you still may end up.needing to replace the carb.

Were you able to thoroughly clean it? If not, an ultrasonic cleaner and gallon can of gunk carb cleaner may be of huge benefit to you. Especially if you are not able to completely disassemble it to clean it.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:29 PM   #18
rcc8756
Not Yet Wild

So I ordered a #80 jet from ezgo it wound up being stolen out of the package.. I really don't know why someone would do that.. but anyway.. it runs fine with no filter on it so I got to thinking and found a k&n cone filter that fits perfect.. and it runs great now.. I guess more air not having to go around the bend on the intake hose..20190625_171518.jpg

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO