lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
JTH25
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 TXT Crawls uphill!

I just purchased a 36V 2007 TXT with brand new Pro Series XLD batteries. Our main use for this is at the lake where we have some pretty steep road hills to go up and down. When I hit the main hill it seems like a snail could be faster, even with full charged batteries.

I installed a new rear seat and a 12V converter to run a radio and lights. I have been researching and reading about all the upgrades here. I was going to install a new Steep Hill Personality plug, but I have a Curtis 300A Stock controller with no Run / tow switch on it. P/N 25864G09

So now I am looking into upgrading to a new controller and it's not so much about top speed, but climbing the hills. Any recommendations are more than welcome.
JTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
JTH25
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 TXT Crawls uphill!

Also this is a Series Gold Cart after looking at Scotty B website.

I am thinking about upgrading with another battery to a 42V system, 500A controller with a 400A Solenoid and 2 gauge wires. I think this should do the trick. Anyone else think different or agree?
JTH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #3
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you are going to spring for the 500A controller, why not go all the way and do 48v? Otherwise, you are on the right track.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

FWIW: The stock controller P/N 25864G09 is 250amp.

Generally all DC motored carts slow down on inclines but they should still go faster than you could walk. I could never get my old resister cart slower than 8 mph on the steepest hill I could find. I understand "steep hill" is a relative concept but I suggest you prove that your cart is operating as it should first.

What is your speed on level ground? What is the battery pack resting voltage 12 hours after charger cuts off? Attach the digital meter leads to the main battery + and - and tell us the voltage when you climb that hill.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are on the right track. Once you upgrade to SR48500 control you can bump the operating voltage up. I added the 7th battery on my old series TXT and while the increase in torque and speed wasn't earth-shattering it was evident under load, which is what you are after. Adding a 7th battery is easy but as mentioned you will need a new charger same as you would for 48v. 48v seems to be the sweet spot for this drive system. If you are kind to the stock motor it can last for years on 48v, if you are hard on it well, there are plenty of bigger motors available to do the job. I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO