lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2016, 08:46 AM   #21
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Cart goes 10 feet and stops

You would think with all the technology out there somebody would come up with a solid state waterproof laser sensor design that would eliminate all of these continuous failures??
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #22
Whatcop?
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart goes 10 feet and stops

Just wanted to let you guys know that I put in the new MCOR unit and had the cart up on jackstands and she appears to be back to normal. I'll go run her around the neighborhood tonight or something just to make sure. Also put in a new magnet to give it an extra mph or two.
Whatcop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #23
Patrickdana
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have checked he microswitch and it is good. I did bypass it with a wire plugged in the connector. that was the first thing I did. the solenoid does not drop out. I am beginning to suspect the MCOR potentiometer is intermittent as it speeds up and slows down with the go petal depressed. if I depress the pedal slightly the cart moves forward smoothly. I don't want to have her purchase a new mcor unless it is necessary.
Patrickdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #24
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That is an old thread you are on but you can test the potentiometer output of your MCOR like this:

Place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red
(+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32 - 0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65 - 5vdc when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR output signal..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #25
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Why does Club Car even have the microswitch? Couldn't that be a function of the controller?

If throttle position is > 0, then activate the solenoid. It would be one less thing to fail.
sonofagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #26
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It also serves as a permissive in the logic controllers. (Who know how or why, those engineers could have been on whacky-tobacci that day....)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #27
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is an old thread you are on but you can test the potentiometer output of your MCOR like this:

Place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red
(+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32 - 0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65 - 5vdc when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR output signal..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is absolutely correct on the above tests, but there is a quick check when the cart is operable but the throttle is jerkey and intermittent.

The lazy man's quick test to find out if the pot in the MCOR is going bad; leave the key off and pump the pedal about 25 times real fast, then try out the cart. It should now be nice and smooth for a day or two, while you wait for the new MCOR upgrade you ordered from TahoeDawg as described above.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car