lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
ralph1478
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default At my wits end!

I've got a 1980 Yami G1 gas. My baby. I went out one morning and stepped on the pedal and all it would do is spin and backfire. Would not run. Ran fine the night before. I've changed the carb, BBQ the muffler, cleaned every electrical connection, checked the pedal switch to make sure it clicked before the throttle plate moved. I have spark and gas. I also checked the flywheel key to see if it was worn or slipped. I've got 105# of compression so the reed valve should be OK. I even kissed a toad at midnight under a weeping willow tree. Don't know what else to do.
ralph1478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #2
fixright
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: At my wits end!

Are you sure you are not getting to much gas. Back fire is usually from un spent trapped gas or a burned exhaust valve. Yamaha is bad about back fire from un burned gas. Also bad gas can also keep an engine from running. If you have compression, spark, gas and air there is no other reason for the engine not to be running. It sounds like some type of fuel issue..
fixright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #3
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If it's getting too much fuel, you could try cutting the fuel off and then crank it.... But first, I'd crank it a bit then pull the plug to see if it's flooding.

Also, did you pull the plug to check the spark? Just wondered if you made sure the plug isn't fouled. I'd also change the plug.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

have you tried to spray carb cleaner by the crank seals while your cranking it over?
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

105 compression is way low. Is your throttle blade opening?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha