lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Post Overtighten

Any suggestions on how to tighten 4 nuts on the 4 copper lugs on the F&R Switch without snapping them?

Matt
pjmia96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Overtighten

A thumbwheel ratchet. If you're snapping them off by snugging them up with an average 1/4" drive, they have likely annealed themselves from overheating, and are now softer and more malleable than they were designed to be.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok I fixed it all up Good Today...(Without Snapping....clap..clap) Lol. Bought a brand new cam assembly. I should mention that nothing was getting hot I was bored and decided to "Fix - It". It runs great. I used it from 9:00am to 5:00pm. I also added a Toolbox to it and I drilled the holes myself and bolted it to the rear. I got the toolbox from an old Yamaha Cart that no longer runs or will ever run again. -_-. I will post pics. Me and my brother used it all day to pull scrap metal out of the woods. We also pulled an Old van out of the woods. The golf cart was strong enough for that. Good thing it was only for 15 seconds because the motor was starting to get hot. Gonna haul more metal from the woods morning until night tomorrow and I will report back. It turns out 4 8Volt Batterys lasted me about 8 hours. That good enough for me because most of the time we dont drive it all day only small parts of the day off and on.

Matt
Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
pjmia96
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

pictures going up tomorrow
;)

Tags
ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO