lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
goldwinger
Gone Wild

Default Predator 420

Has anyone installed a Harbor freight Predator in their cart? if so what do you think about it? I have a 2000 Club Car with a stock FE290 and just installed a 6 inch lift kit.now I want a bigger motor but don't want to spend big bucks..so what about the H/F 420? what all do I need to install it and what clutch do u use? I can build the exhaust system...so please
goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Predator 420

Lots of people have on here. If you really break down the TRUE cost using one of those versus a VC460, the Vegas Carts engine is a better deal hands down. I bought my engine from a friend, its a Carroll Stream Chinese clone. Wish I had just done the VC460 in the first place....
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I have the Vegas Carts engine. Love it. Don't do the HF engine, you'll end up spending more money and time getting it to run the way you want it. Out of the box the VC460 will give you what you want. Keep in mind you will need an exhaust pipe and muffler. I ran my pipe back to an atv muffler to quiet it down. If you use the HF engine with the stock muffler, it will not perform the way you want. That stock muffler really chokes it down.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
Downeydirt86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have run the harbor freight motor in both my G2 and my G1 and love the power i can spin my 23 in off road tires on the cement and dirt. i just remove the gov take 15 minutes and run straight exhaust with silencer tip and add a k and n air filter and this little thing screams in the desert and climbs most hills. i just make sure to get the harbor frieght warrant for the engine then you can take it and exchange it for a new one if you blow it up. just make sure the engine is mounted fairly level i learned that lesson real fast on my first engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140308_160807.jpg (255.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140308_160817.jpg (287.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140308_160826.jpg (285.7 KB, 0 views)
Downeydirt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #5
cboger
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeydirt86 View Post
I have run the harbor freight motor in both my G2 and my G1 and love the power i can spin my 23 in off road tires on the cement and dirt. i just remove the gov take 15 minutes and run straight exhaust with silencer tip and add a k and n air filter and this little thing screams in the desert and climbs most hills. i just make sure to get the harbor frieght warrant for the engine then you can take it and exchange it for a new one if you blow it up. just make sure the engine is mounted fairly level i learned that lesson real fast on my first engine.
what shocks are you running? looks like adjustable atv shocks
cboger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #6
Downeydirt86
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I am currently running Polaris rzr fox shocks.
Downeydirt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!