lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2021, 02:38 PM   #1
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Default Tire question

Hey all, I have Sahara all terrain knobies on Lifted 48v CC precedent now 23x10-14, and want to get a new set of off road , (like tractor type tire) for the woods. I will keep my other for when I get back on the road. Anyone have these type on their cart? I have checked around, and it looks like I may need to go to a 12 instead of a 14. Is there any concern (pro/cons) with this? TY
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2021, 02:46 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Tire question

Going off road is bumpy, rocks, roots, sticks.
In my opinion, I would go to the smallest diameter rim size you can get on your suspension and the biggest, widest tire you can get under your cart.
Big rims with short sidewalls mean a ride like you have concrete wheels.
While a small diameter rim and taller sidewall running low air pressure will be more forgiving and feel like you are floating.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:58 AM   #3
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I will second the advise that @crash12888 is giving. Especially if you are on soft sandy ground you want like balloon tires to fliat on top of the sand.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #4
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Sandy soil, wide soft tires. They have alot of rolling resistance though. I most have red clay/mud. I like front tires similiar to front tractor tires. For rear, not super wide and have nubs on side of tread to help power through mud.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing