lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Remove a leaf from an HD spring pack?

I purchased a set of rear 4 leaf HD leaf springs for my 2001 TXT about a year ago. Every since then I have been grumbling about the harsh ride, especially when there are just two of us on the front seat. I recently installed a Stretch long travel kit on the front. Those Progressive coil over shocks on the front suspension make for a super cushy ride until the rear passes over the pothole and jars your teeth.

Before I get too crazy with coil overs on the rear, I would like to start by removing one or two leafs from the rear spring packs. The shortest leaf on the bottom of the pack appears to be the easiest to remove. It doesn't have spring clamps holding it in place.

However, which leaf should I remove first? The shortest one or the long one under the leaf with the eyes? My brainstorming leans me towards removing the shortest one first, but there may be someone out there who has already done this and can pass along their experience.

Tim
tplasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Default Re: Remove a leaf from an HD spring pack?

I removed 2 of the 4 hd leafs - only to reinstall them after the two were not enough by themselves.
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 AM   #3
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Which two did you remove?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:14 AM   #4
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

The smallest two
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
tplasek
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I removed the smallest leaf from the bottom of the pack. So far so good. The cart can still easily handle two adults on the back seat and it made an improvement on the ride quality. I would still like it a tad bit softer in the rear, but I think I am going to run it like this for a while.

Tim
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO