lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2010 Precedent 12v to 8v conversion

I have been reading several different threads on the (4) 12v to (6) 8v conversion. I have a 2010 Precedent and to my understanding my tub is already modified to accept the (6) 8v's. Is this correct? Also I want confirm that my OBC is OK to handle the (6) 8v batteries? I thought I read a thread here stating something about this but I'm unable to find it again. If all of the above is true then all I need to do is get some extra cables, a couple of tie downs and some 8 volt batteries and I should be good to go right! Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance!
Jazz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Precedent 12v to 8v conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz24 View Post
I have been reading several different threads on the (4) 12v to (6) 8v conversion. I have a 2010 Precedent and to my understanding my tub is already modified to accept the (6) 8v's. Is this correct? Also I want confirm that my OBC is OK to handle the (6) 8v batteries? I thought I read a thread here stating something about this but I'm unable to find it again. If all of the above is true then all I need to do is get some extra cables, a couple of tie downs and some 8 volt batteries and I should be good to go right! Is there anything I'm missing? Thanks in advance!
Yes, your tub is already setup if you go the (6)8v route. As far as the OBC needing to be changed, there is a different algorithm for the Regen when you have the (6) 8-volt batteries as opposed to the (4) 12-volt batteries. If you decide not to change the OBC I can't tell if it will be a huge difference and will let someone else chime in on that.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the response ERICT, so the OBC might need to be changed? I'm glad I asked. I must have misread a thread or misunderstood it because I thought the newer Precedents OBC's could handle the change. Thanks again!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for the response ERICT, so the OBC needs to changed? I'm glad I asked. I must have misread a thread or misunderstood it because I thought the newer Precedents OBC's could handle the change. Thanks again!
I wrote at the end of my post that I'm not sure if it does need to be changed. Someone else will have to chime in on that as I do not want to give you wrong info..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I wrote at the end of my post that I'm not sure if it does need to be changed. Someone else will have to chime in on that as I do not want to give you wrong info..
I was editing my post when you were responding stating that it "MIGHT" need to be replace. Thanks for the response! Much appreciated!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
jantrree
Gone Wild
Club Car

Are you sure you have a 2010 precedent. i thought they went with 6 8volt batteries in 2009. I have a 2010 and it came with 6 8 volt batteries.
jantrree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It depends on the version of the OBC.... If it's v4.0 or greater I wouldn't worry too much about changing it. Several people have had good luck with leaving the original in the cart.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantrree View Post
Are you sure you have a 2010 precedent. i thought they went with 6 8volt batteries in 2009. I have a 2010 and it came with 6 8 volt batteries.
Jantrree you got me thinking so I went out and looked again and I have a 2008. I had been looking on the dash where it has in very small numbers and letters and a barcode after that and I had been thinking that was the serial number because it said something like CC1003594 so I assumed it was a 2010. I just purchased this cart and thought I got a steal but maybe not so much anymore. I still think I got a good deal just not the steal I originally thought. The cart is in mint condition, an older couple bought it new and said they played maybe 9 rounds of golf with it. He got ill and hadn't used it for sometime and it just sat around. I mean it looks like new and even has the cat wiskers on the tires yet. The one good thing is it is a Campions Electric from what I can tell from the serial number. The serial number is CE0805-868792. By the serial number would my tub be already modified for the (6) 8 volts?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
By the serial number would my tub be already modified for the (6) 8 volts?
No, unless it's an experimental cart. Production models didn't have the new style tub until halfway through the year. Your cart was built in week 5.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
Jazz24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
No, unless it's an experimental cart. Production models didn't have the new style tub until halfway through the year. Your cart was built in week 5.
Thanks for the response TahoeDawgZ71!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car