lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2024, 12:41 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Hard start in the cold / not getting fuel?

96 fe290 has always started hard when it has been under 55 degrees. Ever since the day i bought it 3.5 years ago. Never been an issue until it left me stranded recently. Always could get it started using the choke, it would generally take 60 seconds or so but eventually you could get it to fire and move. I dont like the toll this takes on my battery, and I feel as though it should be starting faster. Once its warmed up a bit it starts/runs fine.

Tried it last night (about 45-50 degrees in my garage) and it acted the same but didn't even try to fire. gave it a quick shot of starting fluid and it immediately fired and ran like a top.

Fuel pump working fine, hoses not blocked or collapsed (again, it starts fine when its warm), what could be my issue? does the fuel pump not pump fast enough when its cold or something?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2024, 04:24 PM   #2
Ricks_club
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hard start in the cold / not getting fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
96 fe290 has always started hard when it has been under 55 degrees. Ever since the day i bought it 3.5 years ago. Never been an issue until it left me stranded recently. Always could get it started using the choke, it would generally take 60 seconds or so but eventually you could get it to fire and move. I dont like the toll this takes on my battery, and I feel as though it should be starting faster. Once its warmed up a bit it starts/runs fine.

Tried it last night (about 45-50 degrees in my garage) and it acted the same but didn't even try to fire. gave it a quick shot of starting fluid and it immediately fired and ran like a top.

Fuel pump working fine, hoses not blocked or collapsed (again, it starts fine when its warm), what could be my issue? does the fuel pump not pump fast enough when its cold or something?

Have you checked to make sure that the choke is actually working ?

You may have to remove the intake air filter to see if the choke is closing all the way.

Richard
Ricks_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 04:55 PM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Hard start in the cold / not getting fuel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks_club View Post
Have you checked to make sure that the choke is actually working ?

You may have to remove the intake air filter to see if the choke is closing all the way.

Richard
I guess I should try that, I can usually tell when it is choked/not choked (the times it does start) and I can feel the spring resistance but its worth looking at i guess
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car