lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #1
noquams
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Leaf 7 or 14 input appreciated

I've spent waaaay too much time reading and searching however don't have a clear picture.

Should I go with 7 or 14 packs. Seems the 7 packs should offer as much or more that wet batteries but can not seem to find a real world example.

It would be ideal if some of the guru's whom have done builds could chime on on what they have and the logic of why.

I have a 2011 Yamaha Drive with an Alltrax 400 and a Red Hawlk D2 motor and use my cart mostly for golf on a mostly flat course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161221_140550 (2).jpg (133.3 KB, 0 views)
noquams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Leaf 7 or 14 input appreciated

Are you satisfied with your current range? What battery set up do you have?
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noquams View Post
I've spent waaaay too much time reading and searching however don't have a clear picture.

Should I go with 7 or 14 packs. Seems the 7 packs should offer as much or more that wet batteries but can not seem to find a real world example.

It would be ideal if some of the guru's whom have done builds could chime on on what they have and the logic of why.

I have a 2011 Yamaha Drive with an Alltrax 400 and a Red Hawlk D2 motor and use my cart mostly for golf on a mostly flat course.
Read my signature. With that set-up I can get all day neighborhood riding and all the things I have always done. I have gotten ~20 miles riding the back roads with a passenger and mostly flat ground and interim stop/go traveling. I also have a Volt pack on my nephews cart and we have had no issues with it replacing his FLA batteries he previously had.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

NoleFan4Ever, You don't have the number of AH or modules used in your signature...
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:29 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
NoleFan4Ever, You don't have the number of AH or modules used in your signature...
Dang! You could have called me (BR-549) or something and not made me look so old out on the Board... (I had forgotten when I put my CC Member# back in my siggy I had to shrink my characters down due to limitations.)

It is a Gen2 Nissan Leaf 7 module - 14S (2S/2P) rated at 64ah. I have not load tested them for current AH.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:19 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

At 47Ah with my 58.8v Chevy Volt pack I got an estimate 12 to 13 miles range, though I never exercised it near that far. I doubled my pack since then for the Christmas Parade. I live in flat land Florida and ride 90% of the time on pavement, so if you off road it'd be less mileage.

Of course, your cart, your tires and inflation, your drag vs my drag, your alignment vs my alignment will all change range since no two carts are the same. $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

While a have a place to really test the distance.....which includes steep up hills...out weather of late has been nothing short of lousy. Rain....followed by rain.....followed by more rain. Then I got the flu. This weekend I'm gone for a week.

Maybe next year????
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #8
noquams
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My main curiosity is if I get a 7 module pack will it be about the same as 6 8 volt wet batteries or is 14 more comparable.
noquams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

A 7 Leaf module Lithium pack (approximately 60AH) will provide the same practical motoring performance as a Trojan T-875 pack.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #10
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Keep in mind, the distance comparison is dependent on if you were to drive it the same as you do currently.

You will have more available "power", as the lithium packs can deliver more amps quicker than FLA. You will also be shedding a considerable amount of weight, regardless if you go with a 7 or 14 module pack.

Some find the new performance hard to "keep their foot out of it"
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium