lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #21
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR-4 Disassembly

I found the right tab! So my throttle seems to be steady when pushed to the floor. I don't see any fluctuations or variances when WOT. I moved the window out all the way going for a retest.
Attached Images
File Type: png throttle.PNG (38.2 KB, 0 views)
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The throttle linearization curve maps the percentage of throttle movement to the signal input of the controller.

Assuming You have the standard throttle linearization curve (diagonal line from 2% to 98%), when the pedal is about half way through its range of travel, the Controller interprets that as a 50% input signal.

I would leave that one as is.

On the other curves (Speed and Torque), they map the Controller speed and torque output to the linearized pedal.

The 100% mark on the vertical axis (Speed) corresponds to your particular user mode max RPM setting.

You need to run the speed calculator and enter the data for your cart: Tire diameter, rear end ratio (12.315:1 on the OEM graziano) and the Max RPM setting for the mode you are on.

The curves then maps how the pedal position corresponds to the percentage of speed for those settings.

This is actually a shortcoming of the existing Alltrax software, the curves should either be dynamically scaled for RPM, which means You would need to indicate the base RPM for which the curve was set or have a different curve for each mode, since 50% or 3,00RPM is very different than 50% of 6,00RPM.

I like using most of my pedal travel for the slower speeds as it increases the resolution of the speed control attained, as You can see at 70% of pedal travel I am at only 40% max speed.

I also like to match the curves so the Controller is ramping the Torque when the speed is not increasing much as it makes it a lot smoother.

These are my Speed and torque curves:

Edit:

Just saw Your post, apply pressure to the pedal and roll your foot to see if the value changes.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you create a throttle curve as shown in post #1 you create a soft start but acceleration is exponentially faster when you get into the straight line part after the initial curve.
To see the mathematical effect look at the travel percentage (left to right) and the speed percentage bottom to top
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Hey Scottyb, did You try that "unfiltered" MCOR test using the procedure on post #14 to see if it shows your signal fluctuation?
Sorry I just saw this post
I have not tried this
Old 12-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not sure what post #1 you are referring to (no link), but it is also important to remember that these Motors do not have the same torque on the entire RPM range.

The 0-3,000RPM range is where most of the torque will take place so any drastic increases in that range will feel jerky, making the speed curve vertical at the 5,000-6,000rpm is likely to only generate a mild acceleration feeling.

The actual speed that correspond to the percentages will depend on the MAX rpm setting of the current user mode and the tire diameter (assuming stock gears).
Old 12-21-2018, 03:57 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Each throttle type has it's own quirks too. A nice easy start with swift acceleration on an ITS feels like stepping into mashed potatoes on the Vglide. I find the straight line diagonal from 0-100% works best with the Vglides. They may even need a little jump start like you have written into yours, Sergio. My Hall effect pedal also needs a jump start program
Old 12-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

From a technical perspective the Controller will respond to a linearized throttle signal of 40% the same way regardless the input device.

The Multi-Step Potentiometer (VGlide) does not return a proportional signal like the MCOR since the resistor values are different and cause different changes to the signal given the same amount of pedal travel.

It seems like that is the reason Alltrax developed the "Linearization Curves" so You can map whatever weird native signal comes from the throttle device to a proportional signal to the Controller and use the same predicable Speed and Torque curves.

If one leaves the throttle linearization curve as a diagonal from 0 - 100% for a VGlide, then the 50% "linearized throttle Position" on those Speed and Torque graphs horizontal axis would not correspond to the half-way pedal travel position.

I like to visualize the Speed and Torque curves assuming that 30% throttle means 30% of the pedal travel, but since these Controllers offer a lot of flexibility either way works.

Edit: Actually different Speed and Torque curves per throttle type is probably better.

Last edited by Sergio; 12-21-2018 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: ...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car