lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #11
sleezego
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: my dad makes me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
if you are going to go through all that and listened to a nosey weed whacker motor maybe you should just buy a gas cart. just my 2 cents
at first thats what i said.. kinda defeats the purpose of an electric cart..
sleezego is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Unless you have money to burn, I would suggest it is more practical to do the math on paper before you buy and do the actual work but that's just me.

amps drawn while running cart a set time
Amp output of charger per hr
horsepower needed to operate charging unit
horsepower of little 2 cycle engines and number needed.

this is just for starters
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #13
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

Good father son project. Might not be the most practical but who cares. If you can have fun and companionship thats all that counts.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
sleezego
Gone Wild

Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRay View Post
Good father son project. Might not be the most practical but who cares. If you can have fun and companionship thats all that counts.
well its more or less my project.. i just like to talk about things with my dad, get his opinions and input...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #15
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

Some good knowledge in those opinions and input i bet.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #16
sleezego
Gone Wild

Columbia

he has his moments ..lol but for the most part he is a very intelligent and creative person..
Old 12-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #17
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You would be better off with a Honda generator, than a weed eater motor and some sort of alternator. Some generators will run 8 hours on a tank of fuel - But wait - A gas cart will run for DAYS on a tank. It wouldn't be a bad "action plan" as a backup on an electric cart - though...

Just buy a gas cart if you want to burn fossil fuels!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:25 AM   #18
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

When we were down at the PGA show last year. Tomberlin had several hybrid 4 passenger carts they were using as shuttles. They ran them thurs, friday and part of saturday. 8am to 5pm.
All the carts had 2000 watt honda generators in the bagwell that ran the onboard chargers. The generators ran non stop for the 3 days including all night when the carts were not being used. The drivers were gentle on the throttle taking off and kept max speed to about 10 mph but all the carts stayed going. And none were ever connected to any other form of charging. In fact they worked so good ezgo,club car and yamaha all complained until the PGA finally told Tomberlin to park them.
Tomberlin's point was if you needed a electric cart with super extended range it was possible. Was it more fuel efficient??? I dought it.To have a generator running wide open for 3 days straight probably used alot more fuel than a gas cart. But when you didn't need the extended range standard charging made it super effcient.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #19
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
When we were down at the PGA show last year. Tomberlin had several hybrid 4 passenger carts they were using as shuttles. They ran them thurs, friday and part of saturday. 8am to 5pm.
All the carts had 2000 watt honda generators in the bagwell that ran the onboard chargers. The generators ran non stop for the 3 days including all night when the carts were not being used. The drivers were gentle on the throttle taking off and kept max speed to about 10 mph but all the carts stayed going. And none were ever connected to any other form of charging. In fact they worked so good ezgo,club car and yamaha all complained until the PGA finally told Tomberlin to park them.
Tomberlin's point was if you needed a electric cart with super extended range it was possible. Was it more fuel efficient??? I dought it.To have a generator running wide open for 3 days straight probably used alot more fuel than a gas cart. But when you didn't need the extended range standard charging made it super effcient.
Tom,

If Tomberlin was using the Honda EU2000 generator, I doubt they burned that much fuel.. The EU2000 is a variable speed "inverter" generator that matches engine speed to the output required.. I doubt the little Hondas ran much over an idle most of the time.. IIRC, they can run up to 15hrs on a gallon of fuel.. They also weigh less than a Trojan T105..

Honda EU2000 Generator
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #20
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
Tom,

If Tomberlin was using the Honda EU2000 generator, I doubt they burned that much fuel.. The EU2000 is a variable speed "inverter" generator that matches engine speed to the output required.. I doubt the little Hondas ran much over an idle most of the time.. IIRC, they can run up to 15hrs on a gallon of fuel.. They also weigh less than a Trojan T105..

Honda EU2000 Generator
They can run up to 15 hours on a gallon of fuel @ 25% load "IF" using the Eco-throttle feature. 4 hours on a gallon of fuel @ rated load. Rated load is 1600 watts @ 120 volts.(13.3A) Thats just enough to run a golf cart charger and have just little breathing room.....depends on the charger. Tomberlin uses onboard Delta Q chargers. Their input specs are 10A @ 120VAC.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts