lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #21
71chopper
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 3 Wheel EZGO 36v Electric Cart

I am unsure what yr my cart is ,the 71 is my Honda750 chop, I will try to get some pics tomorrow, the battery layout wont help u , I am currently running 3 12 v semi batteries, I put them on to test the cart 2 yr ago and well to cheap to go buy some new ones, I can probably draw u up a battery diagram though .I deal with diagrams and schematics everyday,I will try 2 get u something tomorrow Later R A
71chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
There are 3 MS in that system Two on the FNR and one on the accelerator switch aka speed board. The speed board MS is normally open at throttle 0 and normally closed at accelerator positions 1,2,3, or 4. Make sure it is functioning properly (as well as the two on the FNR). The speed board MS is part of the solenoid control circuit.

I still urge you to get a schematic and trace and confirm all wiring. Sometimes when you're working with an unknown (i.e. you don't know what others have done before you) it might be better to "erase the board" and start fresh.

Maybe this wiring diagram will get you headed in the right direction. It may not be the "exact" one for your cart but I guarantee you it will make your resistor coil system cart run as it should.

HIH and good luck.

3wheelingfool, if you start from scratch this diagram will do just fine. It may not look like what you are looking at right now but you dont know if thats the right wiring your looking at.
Otter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #23
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheelingfool View Post

Any pictures woud be most helpful and possibly a schematic of this cart instead of ones that are close.

Your cart is not wired to factory specs that is why nothing matches or looks the same. Use the schematic pggroves posted above.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #24
71chopper
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

great diagram Otter70, I made me a copy
71chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #25
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chopper View Post

pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #26
3wheelingfool
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I know you say there is 2 mircoswithes on the F&R, but I only see one with a roller that drops into two different slots, unless there is one on the other side of the F&R switch that I don't see.

I tired to remove the lever so that I can pull the F&R switch, but it will not come off. The nut turns a little each way, but will not turn completely. Am I mising something or is it just froze from years or exposure?
3wheelingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #27
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
I know you say there is 2 mircoswithes on the F&R, but I only see one with a roller that drops into two different slots, unless there is one on the other side of the F&R switch that I don't see.
Someone in the past has removed parts and modified the electrical system on your golf cart. That is why your electrical system, which includes the microswitches, does not look like the schematic that pggroves posted. All ezgo's I have ever seen and worked on have 2 microswitches on the F/R switch and one on the throttle. (for a total of 3 microswitches.) There are several resistor cart diagrams available on the forum and I believe all of them have these micros. It has been recommended at least once you start over completely and re-wire the electrical system and I second that. I also recommend you purchase a service manual. There has been to many hands touch the wiring on that cart.....none of them know how, why or what each other has touched.

Quote:
I tired to remove the lever so that I can pull the F&R switch, but it will not come off. The nut turns a little each way, but will not turn completely. Am I mising something or is it just froze from years or exposure?
From looking at the pictures the chances of it being rusted are very high. You could try to spray some WD-40 or similar stuff on it to loosen it up.

Good luck with your project.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:10 AM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3wheelingfool and company, stop. you maybe over thinking this project. or not thinking it thru enough the carts you guys have are the most basic and simple electric carts made. ( they are 1970s technology) study the diagram pggroves provided. when you understand how it works & why it works you are ready for the project you asked for help with. you may never find the exact match for your blank cart but, you have in your hand a very typical & practical wiring diagram which is guaranteed to make your cart run if you can duplicate it Good Luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #29
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chopper View Post

I can't take the props for this Diagram. pggroves pasted it on his post on page 1 of this thread. It was takin from one of the "Sticky's" from this section. All I did was make it BIGGER.
Otter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #30
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

This is a F/R switch assembly from my '97 TXT Series/Fleet cart. This arrangement should match yours however:
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO