lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

Default Just did my first DIY 14 Leaf pack. Not having Fun - any help appreciated!

So I bought a preconfigured pack (7 leaf modules) dropped it in my cart, ran the POS to the solenoid and the NEG to the controller and I was off. Added a relay to the key switch to prevent LV using the included cheapie BMS. Then I got the great idea to build a 14 pack.

Just finished it dropped it in and NOTHING!! I was more ambitious this time thinking i was going to relocate the controller so i disconnected everything. I also did upgrade the motor wires (white and green) to 2 gauge. Took lots of pics and though I connected everything back properly and nothing. Waiting on my BMS but wanted to give it a quick test before i begin that wiring process.

Pack shows current voltage at 54.1V. Checked the solenoid and it shows 54.1V on the side connected to the Positive main and 52.4 on the opposite side (good or bad?) there as a resistor connecting both sides so I assume this is OK?

I did remove the relay and connected back the original blue wire to the key switch.

Made sure the cart was in RUN then depressed the accelerator. I don't hear a thing - no clicking?? There are a few wires coming from the main harness that i see unconnected. One is the black wire with the yellow butt connector. I tried connecting that to the controller negative but that did nothing. I also have a red one which has a label attached to it. not sure what its for.

Then there's the white connector from the OBC. Its not connected to anything.

Any ideas I can try? Least it looks OK!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battpack.jpg (140.8 KB, 0 views)
sporty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2019, 12:06 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Just did my first DIY 14 Leaf pack. Not having Fun - any help appreciated!

The White wire should be jumpered on the the carts harness side connector to the Blue wire. Both of these wires are only jumpered at the harness, not the OBC. If this is not done, you will not have power to the controller to prevent Lock Out.

The solenoid Large post voltage is correct due to the resistor, BUT, since you said you are in RUN, that makes me think you have a Sepex cart and therefore there shouldn't be a resistor unless this is a stock Curtis Controller.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Just did my first DIY 14 Leaf pack. Not having Fun - any help appreciated!

what the controller area currently looks like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controller.jpg (170.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2019, 07:52 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are missing the Controller power.

That pink wire under the Solenoid that is disconnected used to be connected to the Solenoid big post on the battery side.

You should also disconnect the OBC 6-pin connector and jump the Blue and White wires on the harness side connector.

What kind of BMS did You order this time?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:07 AM   #5
sporty2k
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Sergio, AGAIN!! Who would have thought I needed to power the controller LOL

Fired right up when i did that!

I ordered the Chargery 16t BMS - Hope I won't be disappointed. Will let you know how it goes.

Working on the jumper for the OBC now.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:39 AM   #6
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporty2k View Post
There are a few wires coming from the main harness that i see unconnected. One is the black wire with the yellow butt connector. I tried connecting that to the controller negative but that did nothing. I also have a red one which has a label attached to it. not sure what its for.!
Good to see your up and runnung but i sure wouldnt place a wire just to see if that will work, it doesnt take a second to burn something up an create a whole new problem.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car