lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2018, 06:39 PM   #1
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Connected Alltrax to laptop, now error codes

I recently changed out my 36V LA for 48V LiOn. The throttle wasn't acting right and would beep and cut out if floored. I connected my laptop and installed the Alltrax software. It stated there was a firmware update available which I accepted. It then asked me about restoring defaults. I didn't think I selected yes, but now I guess I did since it doesn't run. I now get the high throttle input underrange error and the throttle shows 100% without pressing the pedal. I am fairly confident that this is a programming issue since the cart was running right up until the firmware update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg controller1.JPG (71.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg controller2.JPG (36.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg monitor.JPG (55.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg throttle.JPG (56.4 KB, 0 views)
VanillaXtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2018, 06:44 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Connected Alltrax to laptop, now error codes

Probably need to set "throttle type" to ITS. And then hit "clear auto-cal" in the top menus.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Probably need to set "throttle type" to ITS. And then hit "clear auto-cal" in the top menus.
How do I do that? It’s been set to ITS the whole time. I did just notice that the field map says DCS. Is there other maps to load?

EDIT: I have cleared auto cal and the still have the same error. Throttle is set to ITS and I see the map says PDS-DCS. Is there a reason the throttle shows 100%?
Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The High Throttle Input Underange error means the voltage at the controller's throttle input is outside the acceptable voltage range for the throttle type selected.

Check the voltage between the Black and White throttle input at the controller. (J4 Pins 3 & 4)
For an EZGO ITS throttle, you should have 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The High Throttle Input Underange error means the voltage at the controller's throttle input is outside the acceptable voltage range for the throttle type selected.

Check the voltage between the Black and White throttle input at the controller. (J4 Pins 3 & 4)
For an EZGO ITS throttle, you should have 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.
I saw your posts about this elsewhere. I was hoping to avoid this since I didn't see how my ITS could go bad at this exact time. How do I check the voltage? I have a Fluke, but it is so tight to get down there I don't see how you all do it.

Assuming my ITS is bad, how hard is it to replace? Do I cut open my floormat or what?
Old 05-20-2018, 06:07 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaXtract View Post
I saw your posts about this elsewhere. I was hoping to avoid this since I didn't see how my ITS could go bad at this exact time. How do I check the voltage? I have a Fluke, but it is so tight to get down there I don't see how you all do it.

Assuming my ITS is bad, how hard is it to replace? Do I cut open my floormat or what?
It is a bit tight, but gently push the tips of your test leads into the backside of J4 Pins 3 and 4 while it is plugged into the XCT. They would be the two furthest away from the edge.

Or, trace the gray cable coming out of the pedal box (under the floorboard) and you ought to run into an in-line connector. You can measure the voltage between the black and white wires at the in-line connector.

Or, Remove the metal edge pieces that hold the floormat down, raise floormat out of the way, remove top cover on pedal box and measure the voltage between the black and white wires connected to the ITS sensor. (Picture attached)

I suspect the in-line connector is corroded and you're getting some feed through from the other two wires that go to the pedal microswitch. There is battery pack voltage on one those wires and it raises hell with the ITS throttle system when it bleeds over. Same types of problems if water gets into pedal box. Could also be that the black or white wire is shorting out to the frame.

Find out what the ITS Throttle input voltage to the controller is and if it isn't 10V up and 6V down, then we will have to figure out why it isn't.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo ITS & Pedal Switch.jpg (125.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-20-2018, 07:27 PM   #7
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
It is a bit tight, but gently push the tips of your test leads into the backside of J4 Pins 3 and 4 while it is plugged into the XCT. They would be the two furthest away from the edge.

Or, trace the gray cable coming out of the pedal box (under the floorboard) and you ought to run into an in-line connector. You can measure the voltage between the black and white wires at the in-line connector.

Or, Remove the metal edge pieces that hold the floormat down, raise floormat out of the way, remove top cover on pedal box and measure the voltage between the black and white wires connected to the ITS sensor. (Picture attached)

I suspect the in-line connector is corroded and you're getting some feed through from the other two wires that go to the pedal microswitch. There is battery pack voltage on one those wires and it raises hell with the ITS throttle system when it bleeds over. Same types of problems if water gets into pedal box. Could also be that the black or white wire is shorting out to the frame.

Find out what the ITS Throttle input voltage to the controller is and if it isn't 10V up and 6V down, then we will have to figure out why it isn't.
Measured at the ITS (figured that was easiest to get to) 3.8V up and 3.5V down. I had some other honey-do projects and couldn't trace the wire down for the inline connection. I also tried like hell to measure the voltage at the controller and couldn't get a reading.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

i often use T-Pins for measuring at a connector. I push them in and measure from them, using alligator tips on my DMM probes. You can get the T-Pins at most office supply shops.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaXtract View Post
Measured at the ITS (figured that was easiest to get to) 3.8V up and 3.5V down. I had some other honey-do projects and couldn't trace the wire down for the inline connection. I also tried like hell to measure the voltage at the controller and couldn't get a reading.
The red highlighted voltages at the ITS Sensor are well outside the 10V to 6V range the controller is expecting and the reason your cart isn't running.

Disconnect the black and white wires from the ITS Sensor and measure the voltage between them. (Key on and Direction selected) I don't remember offhand, what the XCT's open circuit ITS output voltage is supposed to be, but if you get 10V or more, the ITS Sensor is bad.

If the voltage is still less than 6V, it could be the wiring or the controller.

-----------
I've used a short pieces of 18Ga solid copper wire to get into the backside of MOLEX plugs to make voltage measurements.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #10
VanillaXtract
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
The red highlighted voltages at the ITS Sensor are well outside the 10V to 6V range the controller is expecting and the reason your cart isn't running.

Disconnect the black and white wires from the ITS Sensor and measure the voltage between them. (Key on and Direction selected) I don't remember offhand, what the XCT's open circuit ITS output voltage is supposed to be, but if you get 10V or more, the ITS Sensor is bad.

If the voltage is still less than 6V, it could be the wiring or the controller.

-----------
I've used a short pieces of 18Ga solid copper wire to get into the backside of MOLEX plugs to make voltage measurements.
That is a good idea. I can't believe I hadn't thought of that. I will give it a shot when I get home.

Again, it seems the timing is weird since it happened after I connected my laptop, unless it is related to a bad firmware upgrade. It happened to this guy too, but he only made the one post.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO