lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2021, 03:32 PM   #1
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007? MPT 1200, Brake pads, Seats, Top

Odd combination but it's what I'm struggling with and since not the most interesting subjects thought I would combine them into one post. Hope that's ok?

I have what I think is a 2007 MPT 1200 (EZGO says that's what they think it is). It has a 350 Robin MCI engine in it and, I gather that is the same year they switched to Kawasaki so, if it is a 2007 must have been one of the early 2007 models. At first EZGO said they didn't have record of that serial number and suggested I called back talked to a guy that had been there a long time. He said, based on that number, he was fairly sure it was a 2007 MPT 1200. I guess record keeping isn't EZGO's strong suit.

I want to replace the brake pads. In the 2007 MPT 1200 manual it shows disc brakes. This one has drum brakes and for the life of me I can't find shoes for a 2007 MPT. Does anyone know which shoes would go in this thing? I suspect they are probably the same as 2006 if 2006 didn't have disc brakes. I am assuming they are fairly standard shoes that are used on a lot of carts but would like to know I am getting the correct ones before ordering.

It sat out in the weather for 7 years and the seat covers are shredded and the pads somewhat degraded. I know some of you have some really sweet MPTs and I am guessing have redone the seats. Any recommendations on the best way to go. After market full replacements or recover with slightly degraded foam or recover and use new foam? It seems there are lots of aftermarket golf cart seats but not many for MPTs. What's a good source?

Lastly, this cart does not have a top but would like to add one. Any suggestions on the best way to do that? I am thinking I will buy the bolt on support kits and buy a molded plastic top (it's gonna be a lake house cart and in the summer it's hot) . Seems like a lot of options on that too and would like to stay away from cheap or junky ones but, of course, not looking at spending a fortune . Any experience or suggestions?

Well, until I start considering lifting it, ... that's it.

Thanks in advance!
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2021, 03:57 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2007? MPT 1200, Brake pads, Seats, Top

Late 08 was the Kawasaki motor. 1200 is basically a stretched txt. Pads should be part 70794G01, roof struts for the rear are 75838G04, 75838G03, front hoop is 75045G05. Standard txt top
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO