lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2021, 11:22 PM   #41
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Piston/Rings seem tight, what does PVC hose connect to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfastle@aol.com View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do that Trig, and yes, I am feeling better. I hesitate to say "I am good to go" cause that always seem to be the kiss of death so I will go with "very optimistic."

I do have the bushing you mentioned above and I think I have it adjusted to close all the way. I still have a rare small backfire into the carb but suspect that is because of the temporary filter I have on now. I am going to get the parts I need for the original setup and reinstall that.

So Trig, looking at the picture you posted your air filter setup is very different than mine. I think mine is 2007 MPT 1200 (EZGO doesn't know for sure based on my serial # but they think it's that) so I am guessing the reason is yours is a difference year. Is yours a short frame MPT? If so, maybe that's it.

Mucho Thanks to everyone that chimed in. It was really informative and helpful and I appreciate all of the input and entertaining comments along the way. I now am going to order another round of parts (air filter parts, PVC hose, brakes, seats, etc.) and am having some questions with regard to those. Probably not appropriate to do here so will start a couple new threads. Maybe I'll see you there!

Thanks again!!!
The one I posted is a 2000 model and they had the rectangle air box. I got a 2005 and its the round one like yours. I converted the 2005 to a Pre-MCI engine but of course I used the round air box which I like better. Bought the cart with engine in pieces

Both of mine are the MPT 1200 , long frame. The 2000 has the metal dump body with plastic liner. The 2005 has the plastic dump body which is so much easier on your back lifting . I love both. One is lifted . The 2000 is a low rider soon to be lifted.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO