lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 03:34 PM   #1
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Default Making a silent hunting buggy. Alltrax SR48600 or FSIP 700amp controller?

So I bought a 1994 club car DS and its bone stock. The reason I went with the DS is the aluminum frame other than that its all the same to me. It will be used as a silent night time hog and coyote killer riding the fields and scanning with our thermals. So things i have already bought. Plum Quick torque grizzly and 14cell lithium leaf battery pack. Now im at the point of buying my controller. I want to ditch all vglide stuff and go with a electronic gas/go pedal. I see Scottyb has one with his solid state conversion kit for the alltrax SR48600 but does the curtis FP-6 pedal do the same thing with the FSIP 700a controller? I really dont need all that hight tech stuff the SR48600 has in it. I just want the most juice and the easiest setup for my PQ grizzly motor to tow me and some buddies around going through ditches and pulling a few pigs back to the truck. Just to be clear it will have long travel suspension and prob 26 tires. Also has anyone ever welded a rear end on a Club car DS to make it have posi traction? Im in the St Pete Fl area if anyone of you guys are close to me and are willing to share knowledge. Thanks in advanced on any info given.
Ryan Tug Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 08:17 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Making a silent hunting buggy. Alltrax SR48600 or FSIP 700amp controller?

So I cant say much for the FISP but I like the fact that I can hook up my laptop to the alltrax and see errors, motor data, and other good stuff. I imagine that when you consider continuous amperage they are similar between the two...but since your doing lithium they are both probably overkill as the lithium batteries cant handle that kind of amperage draw on them. I think a SR300 is probably all you need with lithium but I will let some of the pros weigh in on that (your main draw is only at take off and steep hills but 300 is likley plenty). As far as the throttle pedal goes you can convert your existing vglide to work just fine (there are links here for that) for about $20 that will be as stout as you could ask for or you have the option to use the PB6 or an MCOR conversion. All options will get you what you need and control your throttle. As far as smoothness of acceleration goes the best is MCOR followed closely by PB6 (or any other potentiometer) with a third as the resistor set you can put in your existing vglide. For robustness I have to imagine that the upgraded Vglide is best followed by PB6 and MCOR. Cost will also be best with upgraded Vglide followed by PB6 then mcor. I cant answer on the other questions but the throttle input stuff has lots of info that can be found on this site.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:52 PM   #3
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Default Re: Making a silent hunting buggy. Alltrax SR48600 or FSIP 700amp controller?

I can see mud and dirt getting all up in that vglide and causing issues. I figured with a electric gas pedal all the wiring and circuit boards would be sealed inside the enclosure. And i was thinking that wired straight into the sr48600. Thats why i was asking if the curtis fp-6 would do the same thing with a FSIP 700amp. I could really careless about the money part. I just want simple with as little as possible moving parts to get mud and dirt/water on. Im not even really sure that the electronic gas pedal that scottyb includes in his solid state conversion kit "just wires straight into the controller" like i think it does.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #4
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

So the controller just sees voltage or resistance and all these options provide the same results to a point. A pb6 or mcor provide a very smooth throttle where the controller can adjust almost infitetly as your car does. The vglide upgrade provides finite steps for throttle for instance your 10%, 25%, 50%, 60%, 80% then full 100% throttle without points in between. I think the vglide is more robust and if you get mud and water in a potentiometer you likely are stranded.If thats your concerns if you take a can of brake cleaner with you on a trip you can clean a vglide in no time and keep going.

I must admit I am biast to the vglide upgrade cause its what I have used for a bit now even submerging it in water without burning anything out. That being said I have soaked an alltrax controller and its been fine.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:52 PM   #5
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Jake_Daddy now thats the info i need to hear. A vglide under water and not frying anything is very interesting and what im looking for. I would think the altrax would fry to but real world experience shows thats not always the case. Great info !!!!!
Old 01-21-2021, 10:43 PM   #6
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Running 26s and your intended use, have you considered a Low Speed Gearset?
https://m.buggiesunlimited.com/produ...hoCrUgQAvD_BwE
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:58 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just as a n fyi, in my signature is everything I have done to my DS. Dave at Revolution golf cars helped me come up with they drive system for my hunting cart.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #8
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
Running 26s and your intended use, have you considered a Low Speed Gearset?
https://m.buggiesunlimited.com/produ...hoCrUgQAvD_BwE
Does this gear set make it posi traction? I would still like get 15mph or so if possible as well. How slow would this gear set slow me down? Im thinking with the set up im going to id get 20 to 23mph wide open on flat ground and thats fine and all but i know i wont run that fast often. Like i said 12 to 15mph is just fine with me i just need torque and power for in the woods stuff and 3 to 4 guys loaded with guns and gear.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:03 AM   #9
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Just as a n fyi, in my signature is everything I have done to my DS. Dave at Revolution golf cars helped me come up with they drive system for my hunting cart.
BBBHC i read most of your build before i started this project. Great work by the way. You and I have the same vision for the most part on our carts. You inspired me on the lithium leaf pack just fyi.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:52 AM   #10
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Tug Smith View Post
BBBHC i read most of your build before i started this project. Great work by the way. You and I have the same vision for the most part on our carts. You inspired me on the lithium leaf pack just fyi.
Glad to hear I gave some inspiration! FYI on speed and torque, my buggy will pull wheelies from a stop at about (guessing) 80% throttle when rpms set to 6000. With rpms set to 4400, it gps'd at 24 mph. I have yet to gps the speed at 6000 rpms.

How are you planning on locating your battery pack?

Looking forward to seeing your build!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car