lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2021, 08:31 PM   #11
Clubfed67
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Aircraft mechanic ain’t got what it takes to be a golf cart mechanic.

Got it CP. Thx
Clubfed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Aircraft mechanic ain’t got what it takes to be a golf cart mechanic.

Trig123 posted this wiring diagram in the manuals section. Switch MS4 is the one mentioned earlier that is known to be a problem.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...3&d=1540227576
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:33 PM   #13
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not sure about the igniter on your cart but on the service manual for Club Car DS the ohms should be between 2 & 6 ohms. If it is outside this range it needs to be replaced. You might check yours and see if it is in the ball park.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:53 PM   #14
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You may have this but if not it may help you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EZ Go Gas Repair and Service Manual.pdf (7.13 MB, 0 views)
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:57 PM   #15
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately, if it wasn't running, you dont have any knowns. Ignitor on EZGOs cant be tested per e everyone and the mfg. I re-read...you have a new ignition coil. Is it aftermarket or OEM? Maybe some photos of the wiring connections at the shifter, coul, solenoid/ignitor, etc.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:20 AM   #16
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

You can read what I posted back in 2019 here. Saves a lot of typing

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...=153818&page=3

Also here is a picture I had of the pulser Ohm test I showed in another post a few years ago. This was a good OEM pulser. If yours is bad good luck on finding one. Same with OEM ignitors.

Also when spinning the engine over set your meter on ac volts to 20. You should see 1/2 volt. If you got a meter with auto set like a Fluke it will do it for you.

Here is another post I made showing the test. Post number 10

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=152100

I meant to say 20 instead of 200 AC on the pulser tst when I posted this. I corrected it later .

I got a 2002 tech manual at my shop. When I get there I will take a look at it and post back. These Pre-mci engines I think show different reading than the MCI on pulser Ohm values.

The MCI manual is the one that was linked in this topic I think.

I will take a picture of the 2002 pre mci tests and post later today in case I missed something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pulser coil ohm.jpg (227.1 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #17
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

More info on testing for pre-mci engines. A little different than MCI carts. Taken from a 2002 EZGO repair manual. cart around linked this diagram but I will add it to the pictures where everything is together
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2538.jpg (166.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2539.jpg (144.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2540.jpg (161.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2541.jpg (162.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pre mci wiring.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by trig123; 01-21-2021 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: added another picture
Old 01-21-2021, 06:16 PM   #18
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
More info on testing for pre-mci engines. A little different than MCI carts. Taken from a 2002 EZGO repair manual. cart around linked this diagram but I will add it to the pictures where everything is together
Well...that was my bad. Trig123 is the man. Trust his advice. He will get you running for sure. Thanks for correcting me bud.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:51 PM   #19
Clubfed67
Not Yet Wild

Thx trig for that valuable info. I’ve been searching everywhere for an OEM pulser and ignition coil. According to those specs, my pulser and coil are good. I removed the pulser today and took it to my local EZGo dealer. I was told that they no longer make the pulser and he didn’t know if he good source one. The pulser that I removed is not adjustable but it is gapped at .025 so I think I’m good there. I was busy as a one legged man in a butt whooping contest today working on it but still no spark. I adjusted the valves, cleaned the carb, changed oil and filter, drained gas, cleaned tank,changed filter and put in fresh non ethanol petro.
I put my test light on the ignition coil and got a steady light on white wire and flashing light on red wire, while turning engine over. I removed the plugs and put the test light prob into both ignition ends and made sure I had good contact at the connector. Got nothing. Tried another ignition coil, same results. I’m so close to calling the local dealer and have them come and get it. Only thing stopping me is they charged me 350 bucks just for a basic tune up three years ago.
Clubfed67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:11 PM   #20
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubfed67 View Post
Thx trig for that valuable info. I’ve been searching everywhere for an OEM pulser and ignition coil. According to those specs, my pulser and coil are good. I removed the pulser today and took it to my local EZGo dealer. I was told that they no longer make the pulser and he didn’t know if he good source one. The pulser that I removed is not adjustable but it is gapped at .025 so I think I’m good there. I was busy as a one legged man in a butt whooping contest today working on it but still no spark. I adjusted the valves, cleaned the carb, changed oil and filter, drained gas, cleaned tank,changed filter and put in fresh non ethanol petro.
I put my test light on the ignition coil and got a steady light on white wire and flashing light on red wire, while turning engine over. I removed the plugs and put the test light prob into both ignition ends and made sure I had good contact at the connector. Got nothing. Tried another ignition coil, same results. I’m so close to calling the local dealer and have them come and get it. Only thing stopping me is they charged me 350 bucks just for a basic tune up three years ago.
I think you can fix it as good as a dealer . That ezgo dealer could in no way fix an airplane so you are one up on them.

Check real good where your pulser wire plugs into the harness. The pins in that connection were known to spread apart and not get good connection.

I use a spark tester like the one I showed in my older posts. Leave one plug wire on spark plug when testing, Spin it over and wiggle that plastic connector.

Watch your spark tester. I could never get an accurate reading with those in-line spark testers and the one I showed in other posts never failed me.

More later. I got to run to my shop and help a friend out. Be back later.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO