lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Default Hopefully Problem Solved 12V Power Accessory Wiring

Was thinking this would be good to tap into the fusebox instead of splicing into any wires. I have used one of these for an LED light bar on my Yukon so I assume they will work for a golf cart. I'm a PE teacher....not an electrician. And sorry the picture is so frickin' big.

There are a few sizes to consider too. My Yukon took a "mini" splitter. I think Icon's will take a "standard" size. Hopefully this will save you an extra trip to Home Depot. I can confirm later.

thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Hopefully Problem Solved 12V Accessory Wiring

Does the fuse box have outputs? That will work but I'm trying to figure out why you need it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #3
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

For an LED light bar. Just trying to get power without splicing into any red wires. Several people have asked about this.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:43 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
For an LED light bar. Just trying to get power without splicing into any red wires. Several people have asked about this.
Why don't you use the output on the fuse box? Is your fuse panel full?
Old 12-02-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Why don't you use the output on the fuse box? Is your fuse panel full?
Well it's a pain to reach it because the underside is essentially inaccessible and the fact that the wiring doesn't have much slack makes it that much more of a pain. Really just trying to simplify more than anything and wanting some confirmation from someone who knows about this kind of stuff.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2020, 07:58 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Well it's a pain to reach it because the underside is essentially inaccessible and the fact that the wiring doesn't have much slack makes it that much more of a pain. Really just trying to simplify more than anything and wanting some confirmation from someone who knows about this kind of stuff.

Thanks!
The output shouldn't be underneath the box. You haven't run the wiring yet.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:53 AM   #7
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Hopefully Problem Solved 12V Power Accessory Wiring

Heh, I like it. I wish I'd have gotten one. It's called a "Fuse TAP" apparently.

The carts have ATC/ATO blade fuses I believe. I forgot honestly, but I'm pretty sure. Here's the device you have pictured:

https://www.amazon.com/Recoil-Circui...dp/B07WV8DG2F/

My ICON has 1 open fuse slot, but it's not wired and I can't find the right end to crimp on a wire, but with this it looks like it just piggy backs on an existing fuse.

You'd still need to ground whatever electronics you're working with, but that's super easy.

I'd combine your device with this fuse block and then just make my own sub-panel of sorts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W8MVNSJ/

Pretty clean way to add electronics. I like!
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #8
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:

Thanks!
You shouldn't need to get under the cart to access anything. Just to run your own -new- wires, should you decide you want them run underneath. You can access everything under the cup holders pretty easily...far easier than most carts.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #9
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hopefully Problem Solved 12V Power Accessory Wiring

Getting the electrical parts in Monday. Will post pictures and links to all parts used then along with pictures. These are a couple of pictures of the front and rear led lights I have already installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201204_184317.jpg (184.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201204_184332.jpg (163.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon