lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2020, 09:36 AM   #21
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flattop 59 View Post
I have my 100% set at 51 volts and my 0% at 24 volts.
Why would you want the zero% to be so low? You should set it to the 50% SoC of 48.4V for a 48V pack....
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2020, 08:49 AM   #22
Timinator
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
Victron BMV712 by far.
So, I ordered one, the 712. I'll probably have some setup questions once I get it installed. Thanks again for helping with the decision.
Timinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #23
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
So, I ordered one, the 712. I'll probably have some setup questions once I get it installed. Thanks again for helping with the decision.
I'm sure you won't be sorry. You sound like the sort of person who wants to keep an eye on more than just the basic pack voltage.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:56 PM   #24
Timinator
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
I'm sure you won't be sorry. You sound like the sort of person who wants to keep an eye on more than just the basic pack voltage.

What's pack voltage mean? Just kidding. It's going in a HuntVe 4x4 cart with 8 T145's and two 600amp controllers. So, lot's going on I liked to keep any eye on. I'll be in touch!

Old 11-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #25
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Interesting looking cart. You'll be able to check your batteries out on your phone while you're sitting in your hide
Old 01-24-2021, 06:36 PM   #26
Timinator
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Interesting looking cart. You'll be able to check your batteries out on your phone while you're sitting in your hide
So I installed the Vitron gauge and setup today. I'm charging the battery pack now, it's up to a charging voltage of 62.49 volts. That seems pretty darn high! Any settings I should know about?
Old 01-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #27
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
So I installed the Vitron gauge and setup today. I'm charging the battery pack now, it's up to a charging voltage of 62.49 volts. That seems pretty darn high! Any settings I should know about?
That is not too high, though it wouldn't want to go much higher. Check it with your multimeter and you'll probably find it is accurate.

As for the settings, the defaults are pretty right except for the Peukert exponent. That depends on what batteries you have. The default is 1.25 but Sergio has calculated 1.13 for Trojans and I have calculated 1.22 for my US Battery ones.
See https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=149824 for more detail.

If you are using the mid-point for your secondary connection (which I recommend that you do) then you may need to change that setting.

Here are my settings (I notice that I have my Temperature setting on but that's not necessary as I am using the mid-point not temperature).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3774.jpg (207.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3775.jpg (229.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3776.jpg (167.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3777.jpg (191.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3778.jpg (181.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-25-2021, 06:21 PM   #28
Timinator
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
That is not too high, though it wouldn't want to go much higher. Check it with your multimeter and you'll probably find it is accurate.

As for the settings, the defaults are pretty right except for the Peukert exponent. That depends on what batteries you have. The default is 1.25 but Sergio has calculated 1.13 for Trojans and I have calculated 1.22 for my US Battery ones.

If you are using the mid-point for your secondary connection (which I recommend that you do) then you may need to change that setting.

Here are my settings (I notice that I have my Temperature setting on but that's not necessary as I am using the mid-point not temperature).

Good stuff! Thanks for the info. The charger for this HuntVe cart, as well as the cart, it new to me, it turns out it's a much better charger than the standard original chargers for the Club Cars. It does a equalization at the end, that's what I was seeing with the 62V's. It turned off right after that. I'll check and go over my settings. I've been watching a few YouTube videos which have helped also. Thanks again for the suggestion of the gauge.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:41 PM   #29
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
How about the best meter for a 2" round hole?
how about a 2.5" square plastic plate with scottyb's digital volt meter stuck in there?
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:12 AM   #30
Timinator
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:

So, I haven't hooked up either the mid-pack voltage or the pack temperature thermistor yet. I'm leaning towards the temperature sensor because of the freezing temps up here in Ohio during the winter. Then maybe switching to the mid-pack voltage during the rest of the year? I can take an occasional mid-pack voltage reading during winter to make sure all is well on battery row. Does that sound like sound thinking or am I missing something?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car