lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2017, 05:55 PM   #11
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2015 club car subaru engine

Having a baby boxer in there would be pretty awesome...especially the way it would sound!!
boosted230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2017, 07:36 PM   #12
texman38
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a 2017 precedent from an auction, it rolled... the dash instrument panel was missing and i have some other wires in the engine compartment that i'm clueless on, disconnected... I dont know if you could help but I've straighten out the wheels now it's time to figure how to get it started... plz let me know if you could help?
texman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:33 PM   #13
ffmedic1974
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman38 View Post
I just bought a 2017 precedent from an auction, it rolled... the dash instrument panel was missing and i have some other wires in the engine compartment that i'm clueless on, disconnected... I dont know if you could help but I've straighten out the wheels now it's time to figure how to get it started... plz let me know if you could help?
You can call dealer or look for parts diagrams online from the club car site. I won't be near mine for a while to takr any pics.
ffmedic1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:03 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman38 View Post
Ask me about this when I call you on Monday regarding your axle parts. I can get those parts for you as well.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:50 AM   #15
texman38
Not Yet Wild

thanks dave will do!!! Going to get a key switch today from a local dealer and hopefully sneak a peak at the engine compartment of 1... don't think they will let me pry out the instrument panel but i did find the wires tucked in the dash t, so the whole pig tail is not missing at least...
texman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
Bigfoote13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Any news on getting these to idle?
Bigfoote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #17
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

I was checking one of these engines out a while back and they were going on and on with it not having an oil filter. All but bragging that it was splash lubed. My how we've come full circle LOL

I used to think that splash lube was a death knell but now that I have the VC460 and been reading the abuse this engine will take my thoughts on splash lube is changing. I'd like to have a small oil pump to put on my 460 just to run the oil through a filter maybe a cooler in the hot part of the summer on some of those sweltering days out in the woods puttering along at a walking pace
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

"WOW this thing runs great" ... "WOW this thing has a ton of power" ... "WOW with just a few minutes and tweaks this thing is FAST" ....

Welcome to 1994 from one of the lifelong "EZGO" guys, hahahahaha

Seriously, just kidding around - but I am also looking forward to messing with one of the new "Subies" on the block, the old ones in EZGO's were bulletproof (well, maybe valve guides and rods if not taken care of) - as to the splash lube, I'm good with it, it works.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #19
boosted230
Not Yet Wild

I'm interested in making it idle also.. on my last 2010 Precedent with the Kawasaki motor, I bypassed two wires coming from the foot pedal sensor assembly( blue and black I think) . I put a momentary switch on the dash (push button start) then you could just turn it off at the key. I had the clutch machined with the 200rpm spring also, so it would idle. The rear clutch however, sees like it is already machined from the factory. The belt rides just outside the clutch faces.
boosted230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #20
ffmedic1974
Not Yet Wild

I called club car and subaru about tweaking the engine performance and both said it's proprietary and wouldn't do anything to help.
ffmedic1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides