lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
75sparkyhd
Not Yet Wild

Default Another fuel / mixture question

Has anyone used the true fuel two stroke in their harley cart? Thoughts?
75sparkyhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Another fuel / mixture question

I haven't. I would imagine everything would just fine with it but that would get expensive, no?
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Regular Fuel is recommended.

What is then octane rating?
chuckbaynham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
75sparkyhd
Not Yet Wild

Its only very sparingly used so cost isnt really a concern only concern is bad fuel from sitting
75sparkyhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:56 PM   #5
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

What is the true two stroke fuel mixture? I use the HD recommended mixture and it has been working for many years now. Why use a different mixture?
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:52 PM   #6
newtjl
Gone Wild

It wont hurt it. It may smoke a bit until you run it through as it is rich for your HD. If you can find ethanol free fuel in your area, it will fair just as well at a fraction of the price. If there is a marina nearby, they will have ethanol free for sure.
newtjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:43 PM   #7
Scottmoore1
Not Yet Wild

Hello tew45, in your opinion is a tcw3 oil the best to run in a 67 HD golf cart. I am a new owner and a very confused weather to use tcw3 outboard oil or api-tc for air cooled engines.
Scottmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:39 PM   #8
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Like I said, I have used Walmart's supertech 2 cycle oil for many years. I am recovering from cancer and have not used my HD cart for almost 2 years. I am in remission and cannot walk very good but today I charged the battery and the cart started after about 30 seconds of cranking. The fuel was 1 1/2 ounces Walmart brand tcw3 supertech to the gal.the tcw3 supertech oil is very good and less expensive, does not smoke as much as some others I tried. I own a 1974 and a 1976 both HD's. I will enjoy my carts without fear of problems since walking is difficult. I am 83 and still working on engines!
Old 06-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #9
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tew45 View Post
Like I said, I have used Walmart's supertech 2 cycle oil for many years. I am recovering from cancer and have not used my HD cart for almost 2 years. I am in remission and cannot walk very good but today I charged the battery and the cart started after about 30 seconds of cranking. The fuel was 1 1/2 ounces Walmart brand tcw3 supertech to the gal.the tcw3 supertech oil is very good and less expensive, does not smoke as much as some others I tried. I own a 1974 and a 1976 both HD's. I will enjoy my carts without fear of problems since walking is difficult. I am 83 and still working on engines!

Wow, hope you are hanging in there, TEW. We hadn't much heard much from you and I was afraid something was up. Glad to hear you things are going ok. You inspired my through a lot of my cart ups and downs that's fore sure.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:26 AM   #10
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thank you very much! I hope to be around for the DH cart folks. There doesn't seem to be as many problems to solve as in the last few years. I will check for problems that i might be able to help with. Thanks again for the support.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson