lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2017, 01:20 PM   #11
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Harley Davidson 1970 Golf Cart Restoration Project

My cart has a Oil Bath style Air Filter. Has anyone ever converted the oil bath to a modern day paper filter style or know if there be any issues doing so? Considering converting as part of restoration or leaving as is.
RoboHarleyGolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #12
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I made my own air filter since my cart came as a basket case and it did not come with one. There is nothing to cause problems with doing your own switch over. Since you have went to so much on this already just make a cool air filter of your own design.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #13
Carguy59
Not Yet Wild

Does any body have pictures of what they made?
Carguy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #14
workhorse804
Not Yet Wild

I just pick up either a 75 or 78 the man said. I don't see anywhere to ID it. Anyone can tell me what year it is or where to look for a s# or m#

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
workhorse804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:43 PM   #15
workhorse804
Not Yet Wild

I seen where someone put the table on here. It's a 76D. The first two are 8D and not sure what the 8 stands for. Can anyone tell me and thanks

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
workhorse804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #16
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

With that hump in the floor that is either a 82 HD like mine or a later columbia. That body has been butchered and the rear end doesn't look right for an 82 HD.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:16 PM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

If the front suspension is a transverse leaf spring that would pretty much confirm it.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #18
Lochlin
Gone Wild

That's early 80s. The top section of the front cowl has been removed.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:15 PM   #19
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Wink Re: Harley Davidson 1970 Golf Cart Restoration Project

Just to update everyone. We scrapped the 70 Harley Golf Cart project as a better project came along out of the blue. The 70 Golf cart required some serious work and not very cost effective considering part pricing and actually getting them. Plus needed tons of cosmetic work. My boss was retiring and looking to unload items in his plane hanger and ended up giving me his 1980 3-wheel Harley Cart that had a pretty much perfect paint job on shell and needs well less mechanical / cosmetic work. So have that in the garage now and stripped all good parts out of the 70 one and scrapped the rest. Actually I have the entire 70 engine assembled and it does run. Keeping for now as a fall back in case I can't get 80 engine model running. Stripped down 80 cart and painted frame, had to install a new axel and wheel hub, tires, hubcaps, battery, drive unit is good, reinstalled brake system with new pads and now working on rebuilding engine including valve rings at this moment. Thanks - should change my name to RoboHarleyGolf80 now.
RoboHarleyGolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:01 PM   #20
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHarleyGolf70 View Post

Just to update everyone. We scrapped the 70 Harley Golf Cart project as a better project came along out of the blue. The 70 Golf cart required some serious work and not very cost effective considering part pricing and actually getting them. Plus needed tons of cosmetic work. My boss was retiring and looking to unload items in his plane hanger and ended up giving me his 1980 3-wheel Harley Cart that had a pretty much perfect paint job on shell and needs well less mechanical / cosmetic work. So have that in the garage now and stripped all good parts out of the 70 one and scrapped the rest. Actually I have the entire 70 engine assembled and it does run. Keeping for now as a fall back in case I can't get 80 engine model running. Stripped down 80 cart and painted frame, had to install a new axel and wheel hub, tires, hubcaps, battery, drive unit is good, reinstalled brake system with new pads and now working on rebuilding engine including valve rings at this moment. Thanks - should change my name to RoboHarleyGolf80 now.
Sounds like a nice upgrade over the old one.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harley 3 wheel, harley davidson golf cart, harley gas golf cart, harley/columbia
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson