lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
Rayferd
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 01 DS occasional stutter. Possible OBC?

Hey y'all. I have an 01 DS 48V that on occasion the solenoid well click repeatedly very fast causing the cart to stutter. It isn't a very common occurrence but it does it. What makes me think it may be an OBC is that it doesn't charge very long, the battery light will slowly blink when nut plugged in sometimes. And I plugged it in and out kicked the breaker in the charger. That only happened once. I'm thinking that it the OBC is bad that it may affect the solenoid lock out and cause that stutter.

I have checked the batteries. Discharge test showed good. All the connections seem good. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Rayferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 01 DS occasional stutter. Possible OBC?

solenoid that is "clicking repeatedly very fast" may be bad
test it first
the OBC tells the charger how much to charge the cart .. some times it is a short charge
Old 08-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
greg-g
Gone Wild

Default Re: 01 DS occasional stutter. Possible OBC?

From the symptoms you have given I would say you have a diode open and you're not getting full voltage. when the diodes shorted it blows the breaker since that happened once it might've opened after Shortzing.
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car