lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
Dannyjetton@sbcglobal.net
Not Yet Wild

Default Stutter on start

Have a 2008 Yamaha Regen with brand new batteries. Intermittent "stutter" on starting up. Don't have a Yamaha dealer close. Really looking for a DIY solution. Local dealer said they checked the batteries and it must be a controller or Moter and to take to Yamaha dealer (they put in the new Trojan batteries). What I have been able to see is a bad battery. Any suggestions where to start?
Dannyjetton@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Stutter on start

Check that tach sensor is plugged in, it's on the end of the motor, 3 wires, white plug. Are you saying you have determined you have a bad battery in the new ones?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild

I don't know if I have a bad battery. The dealer that put the new ones in said they checked them and that it must be Moter or controller, take it to a Yamaha dealer...$70 for that after just paying them $775 for new batteries. Needless to say, not too happy with them.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild

I don't know if I have a bad battery. The dealer that put the new ones in said they checked them and that it must be Motor or controller, take it to a Yamaha dealer...$70 for that after just paying them $775 for new batteries. Needless to say, not too happy with them. I checked the plug you suggested, unplugged and cleaned, plunged back in. If start off slow, it doesn't seem as much stutter, but it is just at a certain speed maybe. Obviously, I don't know much about carts, but am handy.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

OK, follow charge wires from charge port to batteries. Make sure they were landed on the same battery terminals that feed the controller, not skipping any batteries.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild

Did that as well. Seems to be right. Someone suggested throttle sensor. Do you think it could be that?
Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild

Ok, did the push test and checked the wires, both seem to be right. Any other suggestions? Some one told me maybe the throttle sensor?
Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Throttle sensor plug will have 3 wires. Orange (5v+), black (b-) & green (green or blue). The (green or blue) is the signal. Signal will be roughly 0.4v when throttle at rest, and roughly 4.7v at full throttle, with a clean smooth sweep as pedal is pressed.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, haven't been able to get to it for a while. Trying to test TPS, cart switch off, seems like it either starts at near 5v or jumps quickly to that. Can TPS be cleaned?

Also, I noticed when coasting to a stop while driving, sometimes the beeper and resistance kick in, sometimes not.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

Can't be cleaned. It's a non-contact solid state device.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha