lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Precedent Predictament

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
These posts are upsetting there is no info just guessing. Year of cart means nothing what is the date stamp on the batteries, load test your batteries don't guess, you may have one bad cell, one used battery may work great. just maybe there's something wrong with your cart also. maybe your brakes arn't releasing what does it do just stop have you felt any cables solenoid controller motor for heat.
what ?

if you read we responded to his post with our answers .. we did not guess what the problem is .. we did not throw out random fixes..

your negative comments are not helping
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

You made Crash put on his angry eyes!

93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
timberframe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Timberframe,

No disrespect but you got to come up with the extra cash or just sell your cart.. 2nd job?

Steve
2nd job? I'm not sure if the wife would be willing to work a second job. LOL It would be for a good cause though.
timberframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #14
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know I'll catch grief for this... But you've got nothing to lose. It's nearly free, too.

read up about Epsom salts in your battery. It's basic chemistry. It probably won't last long, certainly won't give you the range of a new set of even the cheapest batteries (sorry, more guessing!), but if it gets you another season of use, I'd certainly do it.
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Posting the date (stamp) of your batteries would be helpful. If they are 5 years old or older, though, you probably can't do much for them. But you could get them load tested and see if maybe you have a bad one or even two. That would be the only reason I would even try two batteries and would probably go with used ones instead of new. Each battery in the pack really needs to be in about the same condition. Putting 2 new batteries in with two that are in poor shape will only prematurely wear out the new ones. Could even cause the new ones to boil over waiting for the old ones to charge. If you determine that they all need replacing and all you can afford are used ones, just do your diligence to make sure they are in decent shape and are as close to a matching set as possible.

When I first got my cart, I soon found that one of the batteries was bad. The seller was kind enough to swap it out for me with another one with the same date stamp on it. Then I had a light kit hooked to one battery and didn't like that it was always discharging quicker than the rest with the lights on. It's just better if they are all in the same condition and are discharging and recharging at about the same rate.

Obviously, your best bet is 4 new ones but they aren't cheap. Even cheaper ones aren't cheap. Just try not to make it worse on the pocket in the long run.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by delagem View Post
I know I'll catch grief for this... But you've got nothing to lose. It's nearly free, too.

read up about Epsom salts in your battery. It's basic chemistry. It probably won't last long, certainly won't give you the range of a new set of even the cheapest batteries (sorry, more guessing!), but if it gets you another season of use, I'd certainly do it.
i for one won't give you hell as i did a set of 6v's ran a year ... but never did a 12v battery with success

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-part-2-a.html
Old 05-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #17
timberframe
Not Yet Wild

I stopped at a large golf cart retailer a few days ago. He suggested load testing the old batteries. Then replacing the one or possibly two bad ones with new. He was saying that it doesn't hurt to replace one or two new ones as needed.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #18
crash test dummy

yep ... he is in the business to make money ... anyway he can
Old 06-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #19
timberframe
Not Yet Wild

Heeeeelp. Well I went to the local golf cart shop and purchased (4) new US golf cart batteries. Everything was working fine until I decided to add a battery guage to the new batteries. When I ran a positive wire from a battery to the battery gauge I slipped and the hot wire touched both the positive and negative of the new gauge. Sparks followed. To make it worst, now the cart won't move. When I hit the gas pedal, all I hear is a click. Any ideas?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #20
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Controllers don't like sparks.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car