lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
bjones25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Newbie:How can I identify my EZGO? No id plate plate present. Please help.

Hi folks, I need some help. I recently bought me a used EZGO. The guy I bought it from said it was a 2003 model. It has a decal that says it is a "TXT". The F/R switch is below the seat. Is there anyway to identify the year, and find out if it is a "PDS"? Thanks in advance for the help.
bjones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie:How can I identify my EZGO? No id plate plate present. Please help.

Welcome to the forum bjones25....................

Where you at in Texas?

Look inside the glove box on the passenger side and tell us the numbers on the ID plate.

The number should look something like "B203".
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie:How can I identify my EZGO? No id plate plate present. Please help.

Definitely not a PDS. Don't remember for certain, but there may be more serial numbers on frame rail somewhere around battery box???
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
bjones25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm from the Abilene area. I have looked around the battery box and on the frame. I even lifted it in the air to look on the under belly. No luck. Could we identify it through different part numbers? Also, my cart seems to slow down after 18 holes. Should I replace the batteries? Is there any kind of speed chip for a non-PDS car? I have many questions, but I won't ask them all at once. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones25 View Post
Could we identify it through different part numbers?
Others here should be able to help with this.

Quote:
Also, my cart seems to slow down after 18 holes.
Have you checked all the cables?

Quote:
Should I replace the batteries?
How old are the batteries? Have you checked specific gravity and voltages?

Quote:
Is there any kind of speed chip for a non-PDS car?
Yes sir, it's called a check book!!!!!
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
bjones25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hopefully they can help id my cart. As for the cables and the batteries, the cables seem to fine. I have ordered new cables, simply because I always need a littlte project. The batteries are supposedly only 2 to 3 years old. The voltages seem to all be good, but to be honest with you, I have never checked before charging or 45 mins. of charging to get a baseline. I read that I should do that on another thread. I am mulling over the idea of replacing the batteries. I'm not sure what you mean by checking the "specific gravity". Can you explain?
Old 07-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean by checking the "specific gravity". Can you explain?
Get a Hydrometer at any auto supply store. They are in the 3 to 10 bucks range.

They are easy to use. This will tell you how good the cells in the batteries are. One dead cell equals 1 bad battery.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
bjones25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sweet!!! I'll check that out when I get back to the house in a few days. This site is awesome.

Tags
ezgo, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO