lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
hnsi
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 PDS or 06 Precedent?

I have found 2 different carts I like. One is a 2006 Precedent and the other is a 2007 Ezgo PDS. Both are within $100 of each other in price and both are in very good condition with new batteries. Here are the upgrades I would like to do:

-bigger tire (not much) or same size tire with a little more off-road tread;
-controller and wires (for torque)
-rear flip seat that folds down to a flat bed
-paint, headlights and tail lights

I want a moderate speed (higher would be better), but need to drive it in pastures on farm, so I guess torque is more my concern.

Does anyone have any preferences for one over the other?

-hnsi
hnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
DVR
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 07 PDS or 06 Precedent?

Doesn't the CC use 4 12v batteries? I would pick the ezgo with 6 batteries personally. The CC should already be 48v which is a plus. However I am very satisfied with my 05 pds cart running 36v with an alltrax 400a. I also have new 4ga cables, new batteries and an upgraded solenoid. I had considered a motor upgrade and going to 48v but my set up does great (imo). My cart is lifted and used off road for hunting as well.
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Can't speak for Precedent, but I have a ds model IQ with the 4-12 batteries set on speed code 4 and it works great for me. As for the pds, I have had one with the speed chip and it was as good a cart as you could want. I think when it comes to your accessories you will find more available and a little less expensive for the txt model than the precedent. Both are good carts, hope this helps and Good Luck!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

With 6 batteries, you get longer range. Speed modification is much easier on the PDS cart because all you need to do is add a $20-$30 speed chip into the controller and it adds approx. 5 mph to the cart. Bigger tires will make it faster as well. I like both carts. Although I would choose the PDS cart. Unless you upgrade the controller, it is highly recommended to NOT lift the PDS cart. Although most do it anyway.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO