lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
hnsi
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 Precedent or 07 PDS?

I have found 2 different carts I like. One is a 2006 Precedent and the other is a 2007 Ezgo PDS. Both are within $100 of each other in price and both are in very good condition with new batteries. Here are the upgrades I would like to do:

-bigger tire (not much) or same size tire with a little more off-road tread;
-controller and wires (for torque)
-rear flip seat that folds down to a flat bed
-paint, headlights and tail lights

I want a moderate speed (higher would be better), but need to drive it in pastures on farm, so I guess torque is more my concern.

Does anyone have any preferences for one over the other?

-hnsi
hnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
dtkana
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 06 Precedent or 07 PDS?

Club Car
dtkana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Not sure what answer you expect to get when you post the question in a Club Car forum - LOL. The only reason someone might turn you off of the precedent in this forum, is if it has 12v batteries instead of 8v, new or not. Supposedly you get less life and lower run times on the 12v batteries than with the 8v. With that said, mine has 08 12v batteries and I get all the run-time I need out of them before charging it up again. I have nothing to compare it to to know if I'm getting as much or less run-time than someone with 8v. And only time will tell as far as the battery life goes. All I know is it works for me but mine is just a neighborhood and campground cruiser.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
hnsi
Not Yet Wild

Ha Ha. I posted it in Ezgo area too, but got no responses yet. I have just about decided to go with the ClubCar anyway. I can get it about $200 less than the other and I like the body style a little better, all other things being equal.

If I was going to keep the stock motors, I did like the PDS system on the Ezgo cart to adjust for speed or torque without having to go to a dealer for programming.

Thanks,
-hnsi
hnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I like the club car looks better too but it also fit my needs and budget as well. It didn't hurt that it was black and my son really wanted a black cart for some reason. I think the precedents do have a cool/different look to them. My neighbors call it the "Smart Cart" because they think it looks like the car a little. Won't be so little looking when I put the lift and wheels on though. Then it will be the monster smart cart.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car