lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
JMann37
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Upgrading 03 Series (Fleet car)

Hello,

I found this site after trying to figure out what kind of up-grades I could do to my "I believe to be 03 Fleet series car", details below.

Model# B103

36Volt
F&R under seat
No switch on controller
Curtis Controller
Stock motor
New Batteries
"4" lift kit.........bought it like this

It needs new shock rubbers, a new front cross-arm (weldament)? My son hit a tree and bent it in. It started to not go forward or backwards, just made a clicking noise in the controller/solenoid area. I pulled the cover off the F&R switch and one of the wires was real loose and burnt looking, trying to get the nuts off I broke off the copper post.......so I guess I have to buy a new switch.

Since I have read that running a lift with the stock motor and controller is asking for trouble, what can I do to up-grade this cart for
running this lift and I want to add a backseat for toting the kids around. I ride on dirt roads and some small hills and in the woods at times so I probably need torque & some speed would be nice at times.

Also where is the best place to order parts from?

Thanks in advance........
JMann37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrading 03 Series (Fleet car)

You should have no problem running stock motor and controller with a 4 inch lift...IF you upgrade to 4 guage wire.
TDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Upgrading 03 Series (Fleet car)

upgrade the wires is a must. Those f&r switches are pretty common problems. you can actuatly buy just the copper lugs if you want, but I have to say from exp that after a our of getting them all lined up and hooked back up I will never build another one. A new complete unit is around 100 bucks
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO