lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Default 89 ezgo stock wheels new tires

I have a 89 2 cycle ezgo. I have the stock wheels but the tires are pretty much shot. I was thinking about re using the 8" wheels and maybe going with a 22x11x8 tire on them. The lift does not bother me I am going to fab my own lift. Not sure how much I will need to go for that size tire. I am not sure if I can run that size tire on stock wheels or will I need to run spacers.
I don't want to order tires and have to buy spacers because they are about as much as wheels. Just trying to get away for the cheapest as possible.
I only will be using the cart for at the campgrounds and alround my house running up and down my driveway witch is gravel and about 1600 feet long
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 ezgo stock wheels new tires

I think you will need 5 inches for 22 inch tires. You said make your own lift? Most spindle lifts give a 1.5 inch or more stretch as well to aid in wheel clearance and most lifts require an offset 10" rim .....you are right steel wheels can be less expensive than billet spacers...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
badbowtie
Getting Wild

May just step down to a 20x8x8 tire and put them on my factory wheels.
What you think about them.
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
mopar92
Gone Wild

I too have an ezgo and want to keep the stock wheels and put an aggressive looking tire and a 4" bolt on lift... any ideas? Not trying to hijack your thread.. thanks.
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts