lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
jeostang
Not Yet Wild

Default Primer filling

My cart doesn't have any cracks but it does have a lot of areas where it looks like the sun caused the paint to flake off. Its a 99 CC, can sandable primer fill these?
jeostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Primer filling

If you have paint flaking off then you do not want to put anything over it until you address that problem first. I hate to say it but if the paint is flaking off then someone has repainted it and the prep work was not done correctly. The old paint will have to be removed before you can put anything over it. My advice is to start with a pressure washer or the go to the car wash and spray it if you don't have one. This will help remove the paint that is not adhereing properly. You can then start from the beginning with the prepping process for any kind of paint or primer. And if the paint was flaking then my guess is they did not use adhesion promoter first.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Primer filling

Quote:
Originally Posted by master66 View Post
If you have paint flaking off then you do not want to put anything over it until you address that problem first. I hate to say it but if the paint is flaking off then someone has repainted it and the prep work was not done correctly. The old paint will have to be removed before you can put anything over it. My advice is to start with a pressure washer or the go to the car wash and spray it if you don't have one. This will help remove the paint that is not adhereing properly. You can then start from the beginning with the prepping process for any kind of paint or primer. And if the paint was flaking then my guess is they did not use adhesion promoter first.
exactly what i was thinking i had a car in the mid 90's with that botched up E-coating on it i did the same thing pressure washed it and sanded it down used some 2 k epoxy primer and sprayed it worked perfect...
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint