lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 Club Car Repainting.

Nice job guys she looks great. I think a red pinstripe between the silver and black would look great and really set it off, good idea and again great job.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider969 View Post
Hi yes the paint I'm using is Rustolium 2x painters touch Metallic like this one

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleu...2#.UeZySYe9KK0
It just dries blotchy due to the shifting of the metallic particles. I read on line this happens often with metallic paints.
I used Krylon Fusion paint, its for plastic...self etching primer with a good sanding on the last coat of primer....4 or 5 coats of color and clear coat. The fusion paint was gloss in color but it turned out partially matted. Don't know if that was due to humidity or what, but I like it.
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #23
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by master66 View Post
Nice job guys she looks great. I think a red pinstripe between the silver and black would look great and really set it off, good idea and again great job.
Thanks Master for the info you gave me and the compliment. I appreciate it! If I was closer, I'd had you paint it for me...open up a shop in Missouri. No one around here knows what they're doing unless its a car. They don't want to touch a golf cart.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey glad we could help. I think I will pass on the humidity in Missouri. We have moisture here but it is in the form of rain "a lot of it".
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #25
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Do you guys sand in between coats ? I basically just used a bergendy schlock bright pad , then a couple coats of adhesion promotor then three coats of spray.
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #26
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider969 View Post
Do you guys sand in between coats ? I basically just used a bergendy schlock bright pad , then a couple coats of adhesion promotor then three coats of spray.
Not in between every coat, I didn't. I sanded after my last primer, very lightly just to smooth it out. I sanded very very lightly after my last coat of color.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #27
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Well....I made the jump again yesterday. I had an "imperfection" on the front cowl and I noticed it but most people didn't but to me it had to be fixed. Sanded down the front end again, primered and painted. Waiting on it to dry. After I got done with the front, there was a SIGNIFICANT difference between the rear and the front. The front was shiny and the rear dull...so you know what that meant....everything is now painted and drying...waiting till tomorrow to clear coat...I guess I got a bad batch of paint or something when I origianally painted it. I used the same Krylon Fusion Gloss Black both times so don't know...pics tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #28
Waverider969
Gone Wild

6:30 am Sunday morning , off to start painting the back cowl.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #29
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Good luck Waverider...I'm done...letting it dry good before I put back on the top and wire the radio back up
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #30
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Do I have to sand be primer after its done drying? I tried sanding it after 3 hrs of dry time to smooth out some paint drips and in the first pass with 600 gritt paper ended up pulling the primer off exposing the plastic again. So I gave it a light sanding and sprayed more primer on. Another two coats. This time I want to pass on sanding it due to how smooth it looks on the plastic. Dont want to risk putting any more imperfections in it. I figure ill let it dry over night and start putting my coats on tomorrow. Is this ok or is it necessary to sand it to help paint stick better to it?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint