lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #11
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rustoleum "roll on" paint job

Right on looks good.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #12
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

another tip with this for a little better shine. apply the rubbing compound after the last sanding with a polisher or a buffing wheel on a drill set at a very low speed. ( only if the drill had the variable speed wheel on the drill) I usually do 2 coats of rubbing compound then 2 coats of polishing compound with a polisher and a new pad. then 2 coats of wax by hand. that will really make a difference in the shine part of it. Great info other wise! came out really nice.
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
erickson_m
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's been a while since I've been on here. I used each roller 2 times. I stored them in a plastic bag each time. The paint is so thin that it doesn't clump up much. I also used rubbing compound as well as wax. Don't do this for a couple weeks until the paint is completely dry. It's a great method if you have the time. Nice to do during the winter months here. It came out great and I've had multiple people ask me where I had it painted. No one believes me when I say it's rolled on . It shines great and there is virtually no orange peel. It actually looks better than my 06 Lincoln's factory paint. Thanks for the compliments guys!
erickson_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #14
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Rustoleum "roll on" paint job + graphics

I have a wild hair to paint something on the side of the golf cart. This would be after the Roll on paint job. Some of it "should" wind up being Air Brushed ( just learning on that tool now). I would need to protect the final overall paint job.
SO - Question 1 - What are the 'thoughts' about adding a final Clear Coat? An oil based UV poly-urethane gloss clear? Anyone Ever tried it? Thinned and rolled on?

I have a Roybi 3 gal compressor 2 CFM at 90 PSI - that's probably way under powered for a spray gun, ( I guessing even the harbor freight LVLP touch up gun) and I don't want to deal with overspray, nor set up a 'paint booth'.

Question 2 - It would be cool to add some metal flake look to the final roll on coat. Again, anyone have thoughts on how to, maybe, could work options?

I think I'll also post this on the MOPAR board, just in case I can get some kind of input. Thanks for any ideas.
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
erickson_m
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rustoleum "roll on" paint job + graphics

Boy... you need an experts opinion on this. I really don't know. I know that you can run into problems with mixing paint types. I tried to spray on clear coat over rustoleum once.. had to redo everything! It all bubbled. I think that airbrushing [I]should [I] work, but I can't be positive. As far as flakes.. it would be extremely hard to roll them on evenly and even harder to sand and polish imo.
erickson_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:18 AM   #16
Ottawaphil
Not Yet Wild

Is rustoleum enamel best for rolling on golf carts? Or which kind? Thanks!
Ottawaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:32 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

When i saw "roll on", i thought "oh boy, here we go again"! I usually see "roll on" paint jobs on the dogs, like apartment complex maintenance carts.

I'm really impressed with your results.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint