lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Default Got a hog this weekend

Was out at the deer lease hog hunting this past weekend. Have a new digital night vision scope for the Remington to facilitate the night hog hunting. It takes a small DVR to record the video out from the scope. The setup looks like this on the cart:

Only one hog came in to the feeder all weekend, but he turned out to be the star of the show. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to embed the video.

http://youtu.be/9bWnWhEHhUU

160lb boar.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Default Re: Got a hog this weekend

Very cool George. One less pest to worry about. You know this is one animal I would like to try hunting sometime.
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

nice shot bud. thats a nice piggy too. this past hunting season my brother and i got to chasing a four of them. but, if i had my shotgun instead of a rifle, i could have been able to have popped a few. we were running threw the woods so i didnt want to try it with my rifle, but i know i can hit them with my shotgun while running.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Thanks. A couple months ago we had a boatload of hogs, but most have left. They'll be back. There are sure times when a shotgun would be handy. This night vision is the cat's meow though. Really fun.

Boo, it is a blast for sure.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

i outfitted one of my shotguns for yoties year before last. at my dads hunting club they would get into a pack in the fields at night. but, not being able to see because i couldnt get right with the moon i never got to pop one or four. i could get close enough to hear them wrestling with each other but couldnt see. i did look into a nite scope, but never did buy one.

carlton chokes makes chokes just for coyotes and heavy shot makes rounds to be used with those chokes. with my shotgun using the dead coyote choke and rounds. there is a 40percent pellet hit rate at a 100 yards in a 20" circle. if im not mistaken, there are a 100 pellets in a 3" round
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing