lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2021, 05:32 PM   #1
Howardllsn1
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent towed in run position

Cautiously optimistic on this...
My kids ran our 2013 precedent until it was completely dead, then pushed it roughly 100 yards by hand to get it to the charger. Of course, it didn't charge because voltage was to low. Fast forward (cart has been sitting) I did recover the batteries enough that they hold 50.1 volts, but cart wont move.

I have read multiple threads, in a poor attempt to diagnose, but am still at a loss. The switch, F&R switch and solenoid seem to test good, but when I hit the go pedal, I've got nothing. I assume the S1 and S2 send voltage from OBC to motor? If so, I am not anything when the gas is pressed... But so far this is the only thing that doesn't seem right.

I know batteries will need to be replaced, but I am hoping I can figure out what else may be bad before I start throwing money at it. Thanks in advance
Howardllsn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent towed in run position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardllsn1 View Post
Cautiously optimistic on this...
My kids ran our 2013 precedent until it was completely dead, then pushed it roughly 100 yards by hand to get it to the charger. Of course, it didn't charge because voltage was to low. Fast forward (cart has been sitting) I did recover the batteries enough that they hold 50.1 volts, but cart wont move.

I have read multiple threads, in a poor attempt to diagnose, but am still at a loss. The switch, F&R switch and solenoid seem to test good, but when I hit the go pedal, I've got nothing. I assume the S1 and S2 send voltage from OBC to motor? If so, I am not anything when the gas is pressed... But so far this is the only thing that doesn't seem right.

I know batteries will need to be replaced, but I am hoping I can figure out what else may be bad before I start throwing money at it. Thanks in advance

Depending on the age of your batteries, they well may be fine for now. In any event, you say they hold 50.1 which is just over 80% SOC. Try leaving the charger connected for a full cycle to see if you can get at least 51.0 volts for 12 to 24 hours after the charger shuts off.

As far as pushing it in run position, the controller will be damaged if regenerative braking kicks in. Not sure how fast they pushed it, but it doesn't take much to fry the controller.

You say the solenoid, key switch and F&R test good. Is the solenoid clicking when you push the go pedal? Did you check for voltage on each large solenoid terminal to pack negative? You should have 48 volts on one and close to "0" volts on the other with the pedal up and 48 volts on both with the pedal pushed.

Let us know and someone will follow up with more suggestions.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:26 PM   #3
gofast67
Gone Wild

You probably took the driver out that is in the controller.
gofast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The kids would have to be awfully determined to push a cart that far with the roll away brake pushing back the whole time.

I would have to think low voltage is what did it in. If they ran the pack so dead the charger wouldn't turn on, then there was also plenty of heat being generated in the wiring, controller and motor. When voltage drops, amp draw goes up, and that will lead to alot of heat being created. Excessive heat will kill a motor or controller.

Need to check that you have 48v getting to the solenoid on the small wires, and see if the controller is giving the command for the solenoid to engage.
What's the serial number for your cart?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car