lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #11
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help with back up camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
Thank you, so you have to switch it on and off? Or does the reverse buzzer circuit turn it on when 6ou put the cart in reverse?
I have it hooked up so when you turn the key on it stays on all the time I use it more so for a mirror then a back up camera.
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2021, 07:40 PM   #12
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I just kinda look over my shoulder :)
no way! i stand up and look between my legs
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 10:41 AM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ogre View Post
no way! i stand up and look between my legs
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:42 PM   #14
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wired a 48V relay to the Rev wire from FNR switch. then broke the 12V thru the relay to turn camera on. Works perfect. Different strokes...
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:07 PM   #15
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Cart buzzer circuit is 48 volts so can’t hook it up directly but you could use a relay to switch the power for the camera

Edit FT beat me too it
Well, after screwing with this for most of the morning here is the result, I hooked the camera up to the wires feeding the reverse buzzer, and yes they are 48 volts, the camera did not come on, I thought it might though. I could hook it up to my 48/12 reducer but then the camera would always be on, don’t want that, I really want the camera to come on when I engage reverse. I would think I could hook a 48/12 reducer to the wires feeding the reverse buzzer and feed the camera 12V that way, although there is not much room behind the dash to fit the reducer. I did read another member installed the same reverse camera last week, I have tried to reach out to him for guidance on what he did but have not managed to get a response, anyone have any other ideas?
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:12 PM   #16
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I wired a 48V relay to the Rev wire from FNR switch. then broke the 12V thru the relay to turn camera on. Works perfect. Different strokes...
This sounds like what I need to do, you wired a relay not a reducer to the rev wire? Not sure what you mean “broke the 12v through the relay”
Please pretend that I do not know much about all this,( as in I really don’t)
As I say this seems to be the solution, please translate to dumb Mike language,
Lol
Old 07-31-2021, 05:37 PM   #17
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Before you go any further check that the camera still works. After connecting 48v to it I doubt that it still does.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:56 PM   #18
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Before you go any further check that the camera still works. After connecting 48v to it I doubt that it still does.

Just went out there and hooked it up to one of my 8v batteries it works perfectly,
I then hooked it up to 12v car, also worked correctly, so I know the camera and monitor work fine, so I am back to figuring out how to use the reverse buzzer, or another way for it to turn on when putting the cart into reverse. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thank you
Old 08-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #19
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
This sounds like what I need to do, you wired a relay not a reducer to the rev wire? Not sure what you mean “broke the 12v through the relay”
Please pretend that I do not know much about all this,( as in I really don’t)
As I say this seems to be the solution, please translate to dumb Mike language,
Lol
Trying for a translation.

The FNR switch is fed with 48V. Take the Rev side of that switch to a 48VDC relay. You will need battery negative to the other side of the relay coil for it to energize. Then take 12V to the common side of the relay contacts. Take another wire from the NO contacts to the camera. When you switch to rev, the camera will come on.

However, I agree with TMZ222 that it might be best to take the 12V from your switched reducer to the camera and have the camera on whenever the KS is ON. Either way will work.

The relay set up described above can also be used for a backup light if one was needed. See bottom link for a small LED light that can be used for the BU light.

Link to relay that can be used if you go that way.
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Automo...7847166&sr=8-3

I usually use this style relay, but it requires two sizes of female push on terminals to wire, which I use all the time. May not be what you want to use.

https://www.amazon.com/Potter-Brumfi...7847304&sr=8-2

7W LED light bar I've used for BU light on a cart in conjunction with relay set up from FNR switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Slim-Si...847395&sr=8-37
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car