lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Workmat
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Vinyl dye

Has anyone used a vinyl dye on their seats and had good luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Workmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Vinyl dye

I've used it plenty in automotive applications. However, on a golf cart with the marine vinyl and being exposed to the elements all the time I dont know how well it would hold up. If you use a good cleaner like acetone or something on the seats to strip all the oils and stuff out it would probably stick better.

Only 1 way to find out! I'd really recommend SEM though. Duplicolor and some other companies make vinyl dye, but in my.experience SEM seems to hold up the best
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:32 PM   #3
Workmat
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I've used it plenty in automotive applications. However, on a golf cart with the marine vinyl and being exposed to the elements all the time I dont know how well it would hold up. If you use a good cleaner like acetone or something on the seats to strip all the oils and stuff out it would probably stick better.

Only 1 way to find out! I'd really recommend SEM though. Duplicolor and some other companies make vinyl dye, but in my.experience SEM seems to hold up the best

Thanks for the input!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Workmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #4
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

I've done leather and vinyl repair for 17 years. I too have pretty much just done Automotive and RV repairs. SEM does make dyes for marine vinyl.
I have tried many other dyes out there and IMHO, SEM makes the best products I've ever used.
You can look on there website and find out all their recommended products. What to use to clean it with. What to dye it with. And so on.
Be very careful before using chemicals like acetone. Some of these harsh chemicals can cause more harm than good and can eat up your vinyl. (Been there, done that) You might want to test it on a scrap piece, or on the bottom.
SEM does make a very good cleaner.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint