lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Default Wrap

Thoughts on getting a precedent body professionally wrapped? I will pull the body off and pring it to them... anyone ever had it done? I was thinking about going black chrome on my stretch I'm building.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #2
brianv512
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Wrap

I have a local shop quote me $500 for a standard club car. I'm in the process of wrapping my own cart because I can get vinyl had a good price. Without major mistakes it would cost under $100 to do it myself. I had to redo the front a couple of times but I am getting the hang of it. I think eight feet of vinyl would be enough and at about $11 a foot it's pretty economical. It is challenging but I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and it may be worth a shot because I would expect that you would be paying at least 700 for a limo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
brianv512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianv512 View Post
I have a local shop quote me $500 for a standard club car. I'm in the process of wrapping my own cart because I can get vinyl had a good price. Without major mistakes it would cost under $100 to do it myself. I had to redo the front a couple of times but I am getting the hang of it. I think eight feet of vinyl would be enough and at about $11 a foot it's pretty economical. It is challenging but I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and it may be worth a shot because I would expect that you would be paying at least 700 for a limo.

I dont have the center body section so I'd be the same coverage as yours. I would pay $500 all day if it will last a few years... I've never had anything wrapped so I do know what the expected life is of the product.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:14 PM   #4
brianv512
Not Yet Wild

I have heard that wraps on cars will last about a year or so but I would imagine a golf cart would last longer because it doesn't get daily use like a car does and I'm sure it is stored inside. The reason I wanted to do it myself was to save some money but also be able to do any repairs and redo it when necessary. I would like to think about three years on a wrap job on a golf cart.

brianv512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:00 AM   #5
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Installation skill is the biggest factor to life expectancy. For a cart, storing indoors when not in use also. The cheaper the material the shorter the life. Buy it once.

The best wrap film is 3M #1080. It comes 60" wide so you can avoid a lot of seams. It is the most DIY friendly of the materials available. If installed correctly 3M warrants that film from cracking and peeling for ten years.

Our cart has a printed and laminated wrap on it since 2007. The vinyl is still in great shape. Some of our staff installed the wrap. They are 3M certified professionals.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:24 AM   #6
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Just the info I was looking for. Thank you! I will spend the money for a unique look if it will last.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:51 AM   #7
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

I had mine wrapped last year and so far so good. The one thing I would suggest is to talk to the installer before you bring them the body. The one who did mine said he had a hard time due to the flex in the panels. He stated it would have been easier for him if the body was still mounted to the cart for the majority of the process then removed to get around the edges.

Not sure if that is all installers opinions but it might be a conversation you may need to have.

BTW, I was going to do the blue chrome but decided to go a little crazy.
Attached Images
File Type: png House divided.png (2.02 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1097.JPG (376.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1098.JPG (414.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1099.JPG (415.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1139.JPG (699.1 KB, 0 views)
n2carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #8
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2carts View Post
I had mine wrapped last year and so far so good. The one thing I would suggest is to talk to the installer before you bring them the body. The one who did mine said he had a hard time due to the flex in the panels. He stated it would have been easier for him if the body was still mounted to the cart for the majority of the process then removed to get around the edges.

Not sure if that is all installers opinions but it might be a conversation you may need to have.

BTW, I was going to do the blue chrome but decided to go a little crazy.
Came out great! How did you do the roof? That is sweet!

Old 03-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #9
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All installers I know would rather have the body mounted to the cart. Off the cart it takes more hands to hold it still. Like trying to put pajamas on a two year old. You can help reduce the cost of installation if you remove all unnecessary parts before hand like rear seats, roof struts, brush guards, etc.

Wash it good the day before so it is dry in all the crevices when you deliver it for installation.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #10
n2carts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiloverCarts View Post
Came out great! How did you do the roof? That is sweet!

I painted the roof with tintable bed liner paint I got on Ebay.
n2carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint