lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Redo completely or touch up?

My G22 is painted in truck bedliner. It has began to chip and peel away. Question is, can it just be touched up or should it be a strip and redo? And how difficult is it?
dchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Redo completely or touch up?

If it were me, I would probably try just doing touch-up first. If that didn't turn out well, then you could go through the trouble of a redo.

Do you know what brand of bed liner was used, and when it was done? I would think a different brand of bed liner being used for touch up would not blend in well.

I'd also be interested to see a couple pictures of where it is chipping. I recently did bed liner on my cart and I'm curious to see what I might expect in the future.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I am not sure what brand. I am trying to find out. it has been several years since it was painted. probably about 6 years maybe. It started kind of chipping off the aluminum roof supports but now it is peeling and chipping off in large chunks right off the front plastic above the headlights. Almost as if maybe the surface wasn't prepped well enough and it didn't didn't totally adhere to it.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:16 PM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchance View Post
I am not sure what brand. I am trying to find out. it has been several years since it was painted. probably about 6 years maybe. It started kind of chipping off the aluminum roof supports but now it is peeling and chipping off in large chunks right off the front plastic above the headlights. Almost as if maybe the surface wasn't prepped well enough and it didn't didn't totally adhere to it.
Well I would think where ever there is the most wear, it would chip off easier. As for it peeling, I would agree that maybe it was not prepped well enough. Before I did mine, I did a lot of research. It seems using adhesion promoter when painting plastic is an absolute must.

I would say if it is peeling, you probably should just go ahead and do a redo. Otherwise you will end up just having to do touch ups over and over...
Old 01-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a link to a thread I started about the topic of adhesion promoter.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/body-...-promoter.html

Within that thread there is a link to my build thread where I go into more specifics of doing the bed liner
Old 01-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #6
dchance
Getting Wild

Yamaha

thanks I will for sure check that out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint