lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
Jeff Gordon's G2
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: painting w/ spray gun????

These carts look great! I tried painting my cart and the paint doesn't stick worth a sh!t. I can scrape it off with my fingernail and it's been sitting about a week as I thought it needed longer to cure. Is there special paint or an additive to make adhesion better??
Jeff Gordon's G2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gordon's G2 View Post
These carts look great! I tried painting my cart and the paint doesn't stick worth a sh!t. I can scrape it off with my fingernail and it's been sitting about a week as I thought it needed longer to cure. Is there special paint or an additive to make adhesion better??
Your body parts are (now I can't spell) Polypropylne. The only person I have seen make paint stick to them is the guy that paints "hydroplane boats"! Many have tryed and many have done a great job. Search posts on the subject. When you get it right......share the info please. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
prosc808
Not Yet Wild

Check your local paint jobber to for an adhesion promter. Most paint companies make. The only other option is to scuff the panels well. it will take some work to fill the sand scratches but it works.
prosc808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
Jeff Gordon's G2
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Jesus Christ on a popsicle stick......is that your cart in the pic??? What is that...about 3 feet of lift? I would be scared to drive that sumbitch!! By the way...thanks for the reply to my thread!!
Jeff Gordon's G2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #15
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Jesus Christ on a popsicle stick......is that your cart in the pic???

never heard that one yet
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #16
rvs2sell
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just finished painting a brand new Yamaha G16 body in candy apple red. If you don't scuff the body very well the primer will go on fine but the base coat will start to roll in missed spots. It seems that the plastic body "off gasses", maybe due to the release agent in the production mold. I had one area that just would not stick at all, thank goodness for a great graphics guy to hide the "sin"!!

Paul
rvs2sell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:50 AM   #17
CodyB
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

The first paint job I did was on a plastic (I know, not fiberglass...) motocross helmet, and I would say, something that small is good practice, I did the job twice and the first time, I was doing it at school, having no clue what I was doing. Wound up finishing the year before the helmet, bought a bunch of stuff from Harbor Freight, gun and sand paper and other small stuff, then got the pre mixed Dupont primer, that stuff is great for first time painting, went to the local O'Rileys and got a quart of metallic christler blue and mixed it up, now im just waiting for that and a few added designs to dry before I clear with the Dupont Clear pre-mixed tomor... today.... So far its turned out good, I wish I had some pictures of it screwed up... its funny... The second time I have gotten real instructions and advice.
CodyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint