lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
Krystle
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car xrt850 front cowl large hole how to repair

I have a club cart xrt850 that has a pretty large hole in the front cowl plastic, I have looked up the cost to replace but 500$ is what I paid for the whole cart..is it possible to repair or patch this some how?any advice would be greatly appreciated
Krystle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2018, 02:38 PM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car xrt850 front cowl large hole how to repair

how big is the hole? I used a fiberglass repair kit for a whole that was approximately 1' x 2'. I used a two part epoxy, Plastic Welder made by Permatex for 1/2" and smaller holes.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car xrt850 front cowl large hole how to repair

Buy some bulk ABS plastic. Cut to fit snug inside the hole and plastic weld it in around the edges. Sand it smooth, and it may take a bit of spot putty to fill in the pin holes once it is sanded. Then you can prep and paint the entire cowl. It will take some time but can make a seamless repair once finished.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body restoration, cowl repair, xrt850
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint