lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #1
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2003 DS IQ - not moving (F or R)

I have a 2003 Club Car DS IQ that suddenly will not move (forward or reverse). Batteries are charged according to gauge and multimeter. There's no shaking or anything. The reverse buzzer still works and the motor braking works. I was able to get it working temporarily by plugging it back into the charger for a few minutes. It rode around fine at full speed, but I noticed when letting off the the accelerator pedal it would creep ahead just like a car. I eventually stopped the cart, turned it off and put it in neutral, but now it's not moving again. I have it back on the charger just to see if it'll start working again.

Also, this is probably just a very strange coincidence, but the parking brake won't set and I literally had the brakes serviced a few days ago. The brakes and the cart worked great up until this. Just figured I would throw that out there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
brett92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 DS IQ - not moving (F or R)

I put the charger back on it, but no change. Batteries are good as far as voltage goes. I'm not 100% sure I hear the solenoid. I hear a faint click, but it could just be the accelerator mechanism itself.

Anything you all can think of would be greatly appreciated. Currently it's dead in front of the house. I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate it if I get it back in the garage.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Brett it is essential that we hear/confirm the solenoid is closing (clicking). Please check it and also with a digital volt meter, check the pack voltage and let us know.

(You will hear a click from under the floor which would be the MCOR)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Common problem with early IQ carts is that the solenoid drops out...If you can test that it is, you may need this..

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...ness-102355201
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys. I'm planning to have David look at my issue when he's free. I was just curious if there was anything I could do now.

NoleFan - I hear a click and it comes from under the floor, but it's faint. I can't tell if it's a mechanical/cable click due to the pedal assembly or what. Is the click supposed to come from the actual MCOR?

I'll check the battery voltage tonight. I checked a few batteries the day it happened and they were reading between 8.3-8.5, but didn't check all 6.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett92 View Post
-snip- Is the click supposed to come from the actual MCOR?
Yes, there is a mechanical MS switch inside...
Old 07-25-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Alright I checked the voltage on all the batteries - 8.38 to 8.51. (6x8V).

I hear a click about a half inch into the accelerator pedal's travel - happens every time. The click isn't loud, but it's there. Will it click if it's in neutral and/or the key is off? The reason I ask is because it sounds the same no matter what.

As mentioned before the reverse buzzer does sound.

One odd thing I noticed the day it first broke was the reverse buzzer was really faint -basically the beep wasn't nearly as loud. This only lasted a few seconds before it transitioned to the normal beep sound. This has happened a few times in the past but didn't seem to affect operation. Just figured I would throw that out there.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:51 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett92 View Post

I hear a click about a half inch into the accelerator pedal's travel - happens every time. The click isn't loud, but it's there. Will it click if it's in neutral and/or the key is off? The reason I ask is because it sounds the same no matter what.
Yes, it is mechanical so it happens all the time. No power needed.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:54 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Will it still not charge when you plug it in??
Old 07-26-2018, 12:44 AM   #10
brett92
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It appears to charge fine. It was fully charged when the issue first presented itself. On sunday (first day of issue) I was able to somehow get it to start working again after plugging in charger for a couple of minutes and disconnecting. I rode it around 1-1.5 miles before noticing the "creeping" I mentioned in my first post. I stopped it, turned the key off then put in neutral and it "broke" again -Hasn't moved since.

I put it back on the charger for a couple of hours and it eventually cut off (i assume because it was done). Battery levels indicate they're fully charged based on previous voltage measurements.

Very strange issue to say the least - it started out of nowhere. Cart was running great and had been serviced last week (for brakes).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car